In regard to the physical design, a large 3.0″ 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD is featured for intuitive settings control and live view monitoring, and it uses a vari-angle design to permit easier viewing from high and low working angles. Additionally, built-in Wi-Fi with NFC is available for quick and convenient pairing with a smartphone or tablet for wireless image sharing, and Bluetooth is also featured for image sharing to and remote camera control from a mobile device.
- 24.2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 7 Image Processor
- Both a 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor and DIGIC 7 image processor are used to deliver high sensitivity and fast camera performance to suit both stills and video applications. A flexible native ISO 100-25600 range, which can be extended to ISO 51200, suits working in a variety of lighting conditions, and the processing capabilities minimize noise for notable clarity. The processor also contributes to a fast 6 fps continuous shooting rate for photographing fast-moving subjects.
- 45-Point All Cross-Type AF and Dual Pixel CMOS AF Systems
- Benefiting stills shooting with the optical viewfinder, a wide-area 45-point all cross-type phase-detection autofocus system provides quick and precise focusing in difficult lighting conditions. The cross-type design of the sensors affords greater accuracy in low-contrast and mixed lighting conditions, and the broad coverage of the 45 sensors is ideal for tracking and maintaining focus on moving subjects.
When recording video or shooting in live view, a Dual Pixel CMOS AF system is employed that offers smooth and fast focusing performance in a similar manner to how a camcorder acquires focus. This system integrates two separate photodiodes within each pixel to provide a broad and dense network of phase-detection gathering elements across a majority of the image sensor to reduce focus hunting for faster, more direct control of focus placement. When working with still imagery, this focusing system works to acquire focus quickly and accurately, making it ideally suited to shooting and tracking moving subjects so that critical focus is attained with each shot. When shooting video, a Movie Servo AF mode offers smooth and natural focusing when changing from different subjects or different distances within the scene, as well as the ability to specify tracking sensitivity, AF speed, and Face Tracking priority. Benefited by the Touch AF system, rack focus is possible simply by touching elements within the scene on the touchscreen in order to change focus in an intuitive manner. Subject tracking in movies is also heightened due to the Dual Pixel CMOS AF system’s ability to recognize subjects and maintain focus when working within changing or cluttered scenery.
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording
- In addition to stills recording, the 800D also supports Full HD 1080p video recording at up to 60 fps in the MP4 format with IPB compression, or 30 fps in the MOV format with ALL-I compression when making in-camera time-lapse movies. Video recording is benefitted by the inclusion of Dual Pixel CMOS AF and the Movie Servo AF focusing functions, as well as the touchscreen design of the LCD monitor for intuitive control. Movie Electronic IS is also featured to minimize the appearance of camera shake across five axes for smoother, steadier recording when shooting handheld. Additionally, an external microphone jack is incorporated in the body design for greater control over your recorded sound.
Unique to most video recording systems, the 800D also features an HDR Movie mode that can be used to achieve greater highlight and shadow detail when recording in high contrast scenarios. This mode captures two HD frames at different exposures, one normal and one underexposed, in short succession at up to 60 fps and then composites them during playback at 30 fps to create a movie with a longer-appearing dynamic range.
- Body Design and Built-In Wi-Fi
- Large 3.0″ 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD provides an intuitive method for controlling focusing points, navigating menus, and reviewing imagery. This screen also features a vari-angle design to better enable working from high and low angles.
- Optical pentamirror viewfinder serves a clear means for eye-level shooting.
- Built-in Wi-Fi with NFC allows for easy wireless sharing of both photos and movies to a linked mobile device.
- Bluetooth permits linking a smartphone or tablet for quick image sharing between devices as well as remote control capabilities.
- Included LP-E17 rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides approximately 820 shots per charge.
EF-S 18-55mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Lens
- Included with the camera body is the EF-S 18-55mm f/4-5.6 IS STM lens, which provides a 28.8-88mm equivalent focal length range that covers a variety of perspectives from wide-angle to portrait-length. Its design integrates an STM focusing mechanism that provides near-silent focusing abilities with smooth and precise control. Additionally, the Optical Image Stabilizer system helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to four shutter speed steps in order to benefit from working in low-light conditions and with greater zoom magnifications.
- Other Camera Features
- A 7560-pixel RGB+IR metering sensor benefits both autofocus and exposure metering precision and enables Color Tracking for more accurately detecting skin colors.
- Creative Filters can be applied to creatively refine the look of imagery in-camera, and include Art Bold, Water Painting, and Fisheye Effect for stills, as well as Dream, Old Movies, and Memory for video.
- A Feature Assistant user interface is available to highlight and guide use of specific camera modes and features.
Picture Style modes: Auto, Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Fine Detail, Neutral, Faithful, Monochrome, and User-Defined settings. Language support: English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Portuguese, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Greek, Russian, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Romanian, Ukraine, Turkish, Arabic, Thai, Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Korean, and Japanese
Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Lens
Suitable for the distant subject matter, the EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM is an 88-400mm-equivalent zoom for Canon APS-C DSLRs. This lens’s long reach is enhanced by the inclusion of an Ultra-Low Dispersion element, which helps to greatly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for greater clarity and color accuracy throughout the zoom range. A Super Spectra coating is also featured and minimizes flare and ghosting in order to produce greater contrast when working in bright lighting conditions. Benefitting both photo and video applications, an STM stepping AF motor is used to realize quick and near-silent autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. Additionally, a four-stop-effective Image Stabilizer system is also featured and minimizes the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting.
- Telephoto zoom is designed for APS-C-format Canon EF-S-mount DSLRs and provides an 88-400mm equivalent focal length range.
- One Ultra-Low Dispersion glass element noticeably reduces color fringing and chromatic aberrations for high clarity and color fidelity.
- Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for greater contrast and color neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- An Optical Image Stabilizer helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to 3.5 stops to better enable working in low-light conditions and with slower shutter speeds.
- Enhanced lens coatings minimize flare and ghosting in order to produce true colors with maintained contrast.
- An STM stepping AF motor realizes smooth, near-silent autofocus that is complemented by a rear focus system, advanced AF algorithms, and a high-speed CPU for fast AF performance. Additionally, full-time manual focus override is also available.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
Canon EOS Shoulder Bag 100ES (Black)
Store and protect your DSLR camera with 1-2 lenses and assorted accessories in this black EOS Shoulder Bag 100ES from Canon. This bag features a main compartment with a touch-fastening, padded divider for organizing your gear, and a large weather flap with a quick-release buckle for protection from the elements. Carry your 100ES with the padded top handle or adjustable shoulder strap. For added comfort, the shoulder strap has a sliding, non-slip pad. A light gray interior is useful for locating gear under low light. The bag is made of water-repellent nylon for strength, protection, and durability.
SanDisk 16GB Extreme UHS-I SDHC Memory Card
Built to meet the demands of photographers and passionate shutterbugs who are using advanced cameras and HD camcorders, the 16GB Extreme UHS-I SDHC Memory Card from SanDisk allows users to take advantage of functions such as fast action shots, continuous burst mode, and multiple frames per second. It features a capacity of 16GB, is compatible with the UHS-I bus, and delivers maximum read speeds of up to 90 MB/s and maximum write speeds of up to 40 MB/s. This Extreme UHS-I SDHC card supports the U3 speed class, which guarantees minimum write speeds of 30 MB/s. If your device only supports the Class 10 standard, minimum write speeds are guaranteed not to drop below 10 MB/s.
Built for extreme conditions, SanDisk’s 16GB Extreme UHS-I SDHC Memory Card is water, shock, and x-ray proof, while also being able to withstand temperatures from -13 to 185°F, allowing for use in environments such as snow and deserts. A built-in write protect switch further helps to safeguard your content, while advanced Error Correction Code engine offers improved data integrity and card reliability during read and write operations. Downloadable RescuePRO data recovery software helps you restore accidentally deleted images. The card also has a writable label on its surface and the included jewel case makes for easy storage and organization. This card is backed by a limited lifetime warranty.
- Faster Performance and Downloads
- With write speeds up to 40 MB/s, this card unleashes the full shooting potential of your advanced camera or DSLR. Take advantage of advanced functions such as fast action shots, continuous burst mode, and multiple frames per second. Photos are written to your card almost instantly so you’ll get your best shot, and you’ll save time moving it all from your camera to your computer.
- Capacity for High-Resolution Photos and Videos
- With a capacity of 16GB to capture it all, this SanDisk Extreme UHS-I Card offers enough room for thousands of high-resolution photos. The card can accommodate high-volume image formats, such as RAW and JPEG, and also provides plenty of room for Full HD videos.
- 4K and Full HD Video Recording
- With Class 10 and UHS Speed Class 3 (U3) video ratings, you’ll be ready to capture 4K Ultra HD, cinema quality 3D, and Full HD video (1080p), which require more performance than ordinary cards can handle. This memory card’s accelerated minimum sustained write speeds help ensure that video data isn’t lost during recording, by reducing dropouts and stuttering.
- Error Correction for Enhanced Relability
- Thanks to its Advanced Error Correction Code engine, this SanDisk Extreme UHS-I SDHC card helps reduce the chance for errors during data storage and retrieval. It prevents potential data corruption, providing high data integrity.
- Fast Transfer Speeds Reduce Upload Times
- SanDisk Extreme UHS-I SDHC cards boast a read speed of up to 90 MB/s, so you can transfer photos and videos to your computer quickly. You’ll spend less time uploading photos and more time editing, storing, and sharing.
- Durable Design
- Designed and tested to withstand the tough conditions, this card has a capacity of 16GB and is waterproof, shockproof, and X-ray proof. It can operate in temperatures ranging from -13 to 185°F, so you can work in almost any climate.
- RescuePRO Software
- SanDisk RescuePRO and RescuePRO Deluxe software are file and data recovery products for recovering deleted files from all types of digital media.