A medium telephoto prime characterized by its sophisticated optical design, the GF 250mm f/4 R LM OIS WR from FUJIFILM is a 197.5mm-equivalent lens for the G-mount GFX camera system. Offering a mixture of long reach and a relatively bright f/4 maximum aperture, this lens is well-suited to isolating subject matter and working with shallow depth of field techniques.
Complementing the visual compression of the telephoto focal length is an advanced optical layout, which uses one Super ED element and two extra-low dispersion elements to control color fringing and chromatic aberrations for a high degree of clarity and color accuracy.
In addition to its optical assets, this lens is also distinguished by its five stop-effective image stabilization system that Minimizes the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld imagery. It also features a linear autofocus motor that is both quick and quiet, and an internal focusing mechanism limits the overall lens length during use as well as maintains consistent image quality throughout the focusing range. The lens’s magnesium-alloy build is also dust-, freeze-, and weather-resistant.
- The medium telephoto prime lens offers a 197.5mm equivalent focal length to realize a narrow field of view to suit wildlife and portraiture applications.
- Relatively bright f/4 maximum aperture enables a high degree of control over depth of field.
- The optical design incorporates one Super ED element and two extra-low dispersion elements to reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing throughout the aperture and focusing ranges for notable clarity and color fidelity.
- A linear AF motor is used for quick, quiet focusing performance and an internal focusing mechanism maintains the overall length of the lens during operation and also produces consistent optical performance throughout the focusing range. Additionally, an updated mechanism also fixes the linear motor position when turning the camera off so the focus position remains the same.
- Focus Preset function button allows you to recall saved focusing positions for quick switching between focusing distances.
- Optical Image Stabilization system compensates for up to five stops of camera shake to help realize sharper imagery when shooting handheld.
- Physical aperture ring allows for intuitive adjustment over exposure settings, and incorporates a C (Command) position to permit camera-based aperture setting.
- The front element features a hydrophobic fluorine coating to repel moisture.
- Dust- and weather-sealed magnesium-alloy construction enables working in harsh climates and temperatures as low as 14°F.
- Compatible with optional GF 1.4X TC WR Teleconverter, which extends the focal length to 350mm for even greater reach.
Telephoto Prime Lens for G-Mount GFX Cameras
The GF250mm f/4 R LM OIS WR is a telephoto lens that achieves approximately 198mm in 35mm format equivalent, bringing together Fujifilm’s proprietary optical design technology: it offers high resolving power for supporting the further enhancement of image resolution in the future.
The lens is capable of capturing the atmosphere of any scene through a combination of high-resolution performance and rich bokeh effect. Attaching the GF 1.4X TC WR teleconverter provides coverage for telephoto shooting up to approximately 277mm in 35mm format equivalent, without any image quality deterioration.
The lens is also equipped with the new focus pre-set function*, which allows the photographer to instantly activate focus settings previously saved in the lens memory. *An upgrade to the GFX50S firmware is required to operate the focus pre-set function and focus control buttons. This functionality is included in the new version of the GFX50S firmware that will be released at the same time.
The use of a magnesium alloy lens barrel reduces the product’s weight, and the dust and weather resistant specifications, which also provide the ability to operate in temperatures down to -10°C, ensure that this new lens will serve as a trusted partner for professional photographers.
Strong Image Stabilization
The lens is equipped with a powerful five-stop image stabilization function (CIPA guidelines). This allows photographers to make maximum performance of the GFX’s high image resolution even when taking telephoto shots where image shake might be obvious.
The lens’ functionality includes a focus limiter to enable faster autofocus speed by restricting focus range, focus pre-set for memorize focus settings previously set into the lens, and 4 focus control buttons located at the lens front enable to operate focus lock or autofocus.
- FUJIFILM G Mount
- 197.5mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/4 to f/32
- One Super ED Element, Two ED Elements
- Linear AF Motor, Internal Focusing
- Optical Image Stabilization
- Focus Preset Function Button
- Fluorine-Coated Front Element
- Dust- and Weather-Sealed Construction