Fujifilm X-T4 Mirrorless Digital Camera with VG-XT4 Vertical Battery Grip (Silver) introduces the latest Fujifilm X-T4 Mirrorless Camera to its x-series range with greater improvements. Powered into this feature-packed X-T4 camera is a large 26.1MP X-Trans CMOS 4 Sensor, along with a powerful and high-speed X-Processor 4 Image Processor to deliver outstanding image and video quality, and enhanced technology at the grip of your hand.
Improvements and features on this robust Fuji X-T4 camera include an IBIS that provides 5-axis of up to 6.5 stop image stabilization when utilized with 18 out of 29 XF/XC lenses; a newly developed high-torque coreless DC motor – allowing the camera to shoot up to a blistering 15fps in burst mode; a response performance with a shutter release lag of just 0.035 seconds; reduction in shutter noise of approx. 30% quieter compared to the X-T3 camera; impeccable video quality that allows you to record DCI/UHD 4K video at 60 fps, Full HD recording up to 240 fps; a 3” 1.62m-dot vari-angle touchscreen; a dual SD UHS-II memory card slot; a new algorithm and phase-detection AF’s processing capability allows a faster Autofocus performance of 0.02 seconds – which is great for capturing and tracking a subject at high speeds; improved IBIS; capable of recording Full HD high-speed video at 240p, producing up to a 10x slow-motion effect; and an F-Log View Assist function has been added to correct low-saturation / low-contrast video while recording in F-Log.
Addressing the needs of multimedia image-makers, the black FUJIFILM X-T4 is a versatile mirrorless camera that blends advanced stills and video capabilities along with enhanced workflow and assistive functionality. Utilizing a proven and well-regarded APS-C-format 26.1MP X-Trans CMOS 4 sensor, the X-T4 is capable of the high-resolution recording along with support for DCI/UHD 4K video at 60 fps, Full HD recording up to 240 fps, sensitivity from ISO 160-12800, and continuous shooting up to 15 fps with the mechanical shutter.
The BSI design of the sensor affords reduced noise and greater overall clarity and is paired with the X-Processor 4 to achieve fast performance and improved responsiveness. The sensor’s design also enables a hybrid autofocus system that combines 425 phase-detection points with a contrast-detection system for quick and accurate AF performance. Additionally, complementing all aspects of image production, the X-T4 also incorporates a 6.5 stop-effective sensor-shift image stabilization system to reduce the appearance of camera shake with almost any mounted lens.
Beyond the sensor and processor capabilities, FUJIFILM’s cameras are also beloved for their physical design, and the X-T4 has an updated design for improved handling and shooting efficiency. A large, bright 3.69m-dot electronic viewfinder can be set to a 100 fps refresh rate for notable smoothness when panning or tracking subjects. Conversely, the rear 3.0″ 1.62m-dot touchscreen LCD now features a vari-angle design to suit working from high, low, and front-facing angles; or it can be closed against the body if just working with the EVF. Dual SD UHS-II memory card slots offer file-saving flexibility and the X-T4 supports the updated, high capacity NP-W235 battery that provides approximately 600 shots per charge. Additionally, built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enables wireless remote camera control and image sharing to a mobile device.
26.1MP APS-C X-Trans BSI CMOS 4 Sensor and X-Processor 4
Revolving around a highly versatile sensor, the X-T4 features an APS-C-format 26.1MP X-Trans CMOS 4 sensor, which has a back-illuminated design to afford smooth tonal rendering, improved low-light performance, and a wide native sensitivity range of ISO 160-12800. As an X-Trans sensor, it utilizes a randomized pixel array, too, which provides a high degree of image quality and sharpness due to the omission of an optical low-pass filter. Versus conventional pixel patterns, the X-Trans design more closely mimics the organic nature of film in order to produce nuanced colors and tonal transitions, while also reducing moiré and aliasing.
The sensor’s design also includes an expanded phase-detection autofocus system, which has 425 selectable points that cover nearly the entire sensor area. This AF system delivers faster, more accurate focusing performance in a variety of lighting conditions down to -6 EV. Complementing the imaging and focusing capabilities, an updated X-Processor 4 is also featured, which has a quad-core CPU, and delivers faster, more responsive performance throughout the camera system, including a full-resolution 15 fps shooting rate with the mechanical shutter, 20 fps rate with an electronic shutter, or a 30 fps rate with an electronic shutter and a 1.25x crop.
In-Body Image Stabilization
Expanding its capabilities beyond stills, the X-T4 offers a versatile array of video capabilities, including internal DCI/UHD 4K recording at up to 60 fps and Full HD recording up to 240 fps for ultra slow-motion playback. Greatly benefitting overall video performance, the speed of the X-Processor 4 enables fast read speeds when recording video and helps to reduce rolling shutter distortion when filming moving subjects. Also, a micro-HDMI port enables 10-bit 4:2:2 recording to an optional external recorder.
In addition to the supported 10-bit color depth, the X-T4 also includes the F-Log gamma setting, which provides a flat picture for use in advanced color grading software during editing. This maximizes the potential dynamic range in difficult scenes and image adjustments can be made, as well, to highlight tone, shadow tone, color, and sharpness.
Also, the camera features a 3.5mm microphone jack and 2.5mm remote port with an included headphone adapter for more advanced audio solutions.
- Bright, high-resolution 3.69m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder has a 0.75x magnification and the EVF’s refresh rate can be pushed to 100 fps to reduce lag for smoother panning and tracking movements.
- Vari-angle 3.0″ 1.62m-dot LCD has a touchscreen design for intuitive operation and playback, and the articulating design greatly benefits from working from high and low shooting angles. This vari-angle design also means you can close the screen against the camera body, hiding it from view for distraction-free shooting.
- The top plate incorporates a series of locking dials and levers for fast, intuitive control over exposure settings, including dedicated shutter speed, ISO, and exposure compensation dials that offer direct settings adjustment, even when the camera is off. This exposure compensation dial also has a C position to afford an expanded +/- 5 EV range when working with the command dials.
- Front and rear command dials integrate a push function for easier use and settings selection.
- The rear joystick is available for intuitive selecting and switching of AF points as well as menu navigation and image playback.
- The redeveloped mechanical shutter has improved durability and is rated for 300,000 actuation.
- Integrated Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity allow for wirelessly sharing images to a mobile device or to use the device to remotely control the camera.
- Dual SD memory card slots both support up to the UHS-II standard for fast and flexible file storage.
- THE Included NP-W235 battery provides approximately 600 frames per charge when working with the EVF.
Film Simulation Modes
- Taking advantage of FUJIFILM’s vast history in traditional film-based photography, the X-T4 integrates several Film Simulation modes, which mimic the look and feel of some of FUJIFILM’s classic film types:
- Provia: The standard contrast and normal saturation color transparency film
- Velvia: High contrast, high color saturation, and vivid color transparency film
- Astia: Subdued contrast and color saturation with a look that is ideal for portraits
- Classic Chrome: Delivers muted tones and deep color reproduction, similar to a dated slide film
- Classic Neg: Muted contrast but vibrant colors with a vintage film feel
- PRO Neg—Available with both Hi and Std. contrast options, this mimics the punchy-but-natural feeling of their professional-grade color negative film
- Eterna: For a cinematic look, this provides a flat color, low saturation look well-suited to post-production color grading
- Eterna Bleach Bypass: Refines the standard Eterna look with a higher key, higher contrast feeling while maintaining the overall desaturated look
- Across: Based on the popular B&W film, this monochrome mode has a distinct tonality and graininess and can be used along with Yellow, Red, and Green contrast filter effects
- B&W: Straightforward and classic black and white effect with Yellow, Red, and Green contrast filter options
- Sepia: Everyone’s favorite old-timey look mimicking the popular alternative process
- In addition to simulating specific film types, a Grain Effect mode is also available to replicate the look of old film photos with an organic textured appearance, which is especially noticeable when printing. Color Chrome and Color Chrome Blue effects are also available to deepen the color, tonal response, and gradation with higher saturation colors.
Large and Powerful 26.1MP APS-C X-Trans BSI CMOS 4 Sensor and X-Processor 4
Packed into this mighty Fuji X-T4 Mirrorless Digital Camera is a large and powerful 26.1MP APS-C X-Trans BSI CMOS Sensor, specifically engineered to produce impeccable image and video quality at all times. Producing brilliant image colors is all thanks to cutting-edge technology, and also performs well in all kinds of lighting conditions with extremely low-noise levels that are hardly noticeable. It’s also designed to shoot with a native sensitivity ISO range of 160-12800 and will still achieve sharp and great image quality.
The X-Processor 4 powered into the X-T4 camera from Fuji ensures great performance, offering a brilliant AF system to deliver faster, more accurate focusing system performance, especially in a variety of lighting conditions – allowing you to shoot down to -6 EV; and also allowing you to shoot at a rapid speed of up to 15 fps of continuous shooting.
UHD and DCI 4K Video Recording
The Fujifilm X-T4 offers enhanced video capabilities that allow you to record beautiful video quality. Offering internal DCI/UHD 4K video recording at up to 60 fps and Full HD video recording of up to 240 fps for extremely slow-motion playback. All thanks to a powerful X-Processor 4 Image Processor, the camera is capable of really fast read speed when recording; and with a micro-HDMI port, it enables 10-bit 4:2:2 recording to an optional external recorder; and it includes an F-Log gamma setting that provides a flat color, which you can take into post-production for color grading.
The 4K video recording mode enables videographers to both IBIS and DIS, and crops video resolution at a fixed 1.29x – making it easier to align the frame when the video is changed.
0.02 Second Autofocus
With enhanced and a new algorithm incorporated into the Fujifilm X-T4 Mirrorless Camera, the X-T4 camera provides an AF speed of up to 0.02 second, which is extremely fast and the fastest AF speed among mirrorless cameras with an APS-C sensor. Having this incorporated allows really fast-tracking and accuracy of over 90% of your subject. Tracking has also been improved all thanks to the new algorithm, all by utilizing color information and the subject shape to lock on and steadily track on to any moving subject, maintaining accuracy and continuous focusing.
Burst Shooting of up to 15 fps
The Fujifilm X-T4 camera features a new focal plane shutter unit that utilizes a really high-speed coreless DC motor – enabling the camera to an insanely fast 15 fps continuous shooting in post view and an 8 fps continuous shooting when using live view mode. With a powerful image processor, the camera has also been improved with a much quieter shutter that’s been reduced to 30% and offers twice the durability of previous models with 300 000 shutter actuations. And the blackout period has been improved when utilizing the live view burst mode, being shortened up to 75msec, and a release time lag is quick as up to 0.035sec.
In-Body Image Stabilisation
A much smaller image stabilization unit has been merged into the body of the X-T4 from Fujifilm, by 30% – making it 20% lighter compared to the previous model. This doesn’t have any effect on the performance and uses magnets instead of springs and high-performance gyro sensors to improve its accuracy, making it 8 times better compared to the X-H1. Having the In Body Image Stabilisation, stabilizes for the smallest shakes, allowing the new focal plane shutter unit to perform at its full potential; and a unit that carries over 10000 corrections will allow the camera to achieve up to 6.5 stops of image stabilization.
To ensure that photographers can photograph in inclement weather conditions, Fujifilm has ensured that the Fuji X-T4 camera has 63 weather-sealed points, providing an advanced level of dust and moisture resistance.
LCD/EVF Boost Mode
Something new to the Fujifilm X-T4 camera is the three ‘Boost’ Modes that automatically changes the responsiveness of the LCD and EVF according to what you’re photographing. The modes include Luminance Priority – which improves the subject when photographing in low-light conditions; Resolution Priority – producing more of the fine details; and Frame-Rate Priority – for smoother transitions, essential when shooting moving subjects.
New and Improved Battery Life
The latest Fujifilm X-T4 utilizes a brand-new and large capacity NP-W235 battery to offer a longer battery life span – offering approx. 500 frames per charge in the standard mode and 600 frames per charge in Economy mode. You also have the option of utilizing an optional battery grip that allows you to use three batteries – offering you even more battery life with up to approx. 1700 frames per charge.
Incorporated into the menu of the advanced X-T4 Mirrorless Camera from Fujifilm is a Tone Adjustment setting that allows photographers to tweak highlights and shadows by as little as half a stop at a time, making it so much easier to reproduce a scene exactly the way you see it, and also helps to save you time from having to take it into post-production.
- A 3″ 1.62m-dot Vari-angle LCD Touchscreen that offers users an intuitive operation.
- Bright, and high-resolution 3.69m-dot OLED Electronic Viewfinder that features a 0.75x magnification.
- Front and Rear Command Dials
- Integrated Bluetooth and Wi-Fi Compatibility
- Dual SD UHS-II Memory Card Slot
- Film Simulation Modes
- Supports External Microphones as well as line-level input from external audio equipment.
- Backup Recording is supported – This is recorded onto two memory cards at the same time.
- Image Stabilisation Boost Mode with or without Digital Image Stabilisation for even more enhanced, and smooth video footage.
- New Still/Movie Mode – Enabling seamless transition between photography and videography