Nikon 6×20 Prostaff 1000 – Rangefinder. TOKYO – Nikon Vision Co., Ltd., (Nikon Vision), a subsidiary of Nikon Corporation (Nikon), is pleased to announce the release of a new portable Laser Rangefinder, the PROSTAFF 1000.
The PROSTAFF 1000 Laser Rangefinder features a compact and lightweight body delivering 910-metre/1000-yard maximum measurement ranging performance. The long eye relief and adjustable dioptre optimize comfort and clarity, providing a more enjoyable ranging experience to the user.
The PROSTAFF 1000 Laser Rangefinder gives users the ability to select either First Target or Distant Target Priority when ranging an object or target in front of or behind another object. Measurement results are displayed clearly and accurately in 1-metre/yard increments on the uncluttered display almost instantaneously with a single button press. 8-second continuous measurement readings are also displayed while depressing and holding the power button down.
Featuring premium optics and powerful distance measurement capability, the 6×20 Prostaff 1000 Rangefinder will help you take more accurate shots. You’ll get 2-yard accuracy when ranging deer as far as 600 yards away; maximum range to a reflective surface is 1000 yards. TRU TARGET technology lets you choose between the closest and most distant objects, which is very helpful when ranging an object while other objects or obstacles are in your view. You can choose between spot readings or continuous measurement for up to 8 seconds, and if a spot measurement fails, you’ll automatically have up to 4 seconds of continuous measurement to capture the range.
Beyond its ranging capabilities, the Prostaff 1000 is a competent 6×20 monocular, with anti-reflection multi-coated optics for a bright, clear image. Its housing is ergonomically designed for a comfortable grip, the 16.7mm eye relief is helpful to users who wear eyeglasses, and the control buttons are strategically placed for ease of use. Bearing an IPX4-equivalent water-resistance rating, this device isn’t afraid of a little rain or snow, and at just 3.6 x 2.9 x 1.5″, it fits easily in a pocket or pack.
- 6x magnification
- 20mm objective
- Roof prism optical path
- Anti-reflection multi-coated optics
- 31.4′ field of view at 100 yards
- 6° angle of view
- Class 1M eye-safe laser
- Metering range from 6 to 1000 yards
- TRU TARGET technology: Choose between closest or most distant object in view
- Accuracy: ±1 yard to 100 yards, ±2 yards beyond 100 yards
- Spot or continuous measurement modes
- Runs on one included CR2 lithium battery
Use and Handling
- Easy two-button operation
- Displays in meters or yards
- Simple, uncluttered display provides clear view of subject and readings
- ±4 dioptric correction
- Long 17mm max eye relief
- Comfortable 3.3mm exit pupil
- Measurement range: 5-910m/6-1,000 yd.*
- Target Priority Switch System for measuring overlapping subjects:
First Target Priority mode displays the distance of the closest subject — useful when measuring the distance to a subject in front of an overlapping background.
Distant Target Priority mode displays that of the farthest subject — useful in wooded areas.
- Distance measurement display step: 1m/yd.
- Single or continuous measurement (up to 8 seconds). If single measurement fails, it automatically extends the measurement until succeeding for up to 4 seconds. Keeping the power button depressed enables continuous measurement for up to approx. 8 seconds.
- High-quality 6x monocular with multilayer coating for bright, clear images
- Long eye relief design affords eyeglass wearers easy viewing
- Dioptre adjustment function
- Compact, lightweight and pocket-size design
- Rainproof — JIS/IEC protection class 4 (IPX4) equivalent
- Wide temperature tolerance: -10°C to +50°C/14°F to 122°F
- *Under Nikon’s measurement conditions and reference values.
|Measurement range (actual distance)*||5-910m/6-1,000 yd.|
|Maximum measurement distance (reflective)*||910m/1,000 yd.|
|Maximum measurement distance (tree)*||730m/800 yd.|
|Maximum measurement distance (deer)*||540m/600 yd.|
|Distance display (increment)||Every 1m/yd.|
|Accuracy** (actual distance)||±1m/yd. (shorter than 100m/yd.)
±2m/yd. (100m/yd. and over)
|Effective objective diameter (mm)||20|
|Actual field of view (°)||6|
|Exit pupil (mm)||3.3|
|Eye relief (mm)||16.7|
|Dimensions (LxHxW) (mm/inch)||91 x 73 x 37/3.6 x 2.9 x 1.5|
|Weight (excluding battery) (g/oz.)||130/4.6|
|Power source||CR2 lithium battery x 1 (DC 3V)
Automatic power shut-off (after approx. 8 sec. unoperated)
|Waterproof structure||Rainproof — JIS/IEC protection class 4 (IPX4) equivalent
(under Nikon’s testing conditions)
|Laser classification||IEC60825-1: Class 1M/Laser Product
FDA/21 CFR Part 1040.10: Class I Laser Product
|Electromagnetic compatibility||FCC Part15 SubPartB class B, EU:EMC directive, AS/NZS, VCCI classB, CU TR 020, ICES-003|