Pixel X800C Pro is a very affordable E-TTL and HSS enabled flash for Canon cameras. Pixel is a company that produces top quality products and X800C is a great alternative to the higher priced Canon models. For both on and off-camera use, X800C is looking to be the best bang for the buck inexpensive flash currently available.
X800C Pro is the most advanced Pixel flash speedlite for both professional or advanced amateur Canon shooters. It is an excellent choice for on-camera use as well as off-camera use thanks to the built-in Pixel King Pro wireless trigger. The build quality is really good and it feels solid. It is features rich, supporting e-TTL, 2nd curtain sync, wireless and optical master and slave modes, auto and manual zoom, flash exposure compensation, flash exposure bracketing and much more.
Pixel X800C Pro is a fully featured e-TTL (II) and HSS enabled flash speedlite with built-in 2.4 GHz wireless receiver compatible with Pixel King Pro transceivers. It is packed with an array of features including ETTL, Manual, and Stroboscopic modes, HSS, second curtain sync, wireless master and slave options… It has a high guide number of 60 which is identical to Canon’s top model 600EX-RT. X800C Pro provides nearly all of the functions of a Canon 600EX-RT, though for a small fraction of the price.
Pixel X800C pro is essentially the same flash as X800C Standard just with a built-in 2.4GHz trigger. If you are looking for a great value flash for both on and off camera work then the Pixel X800C Pro is definitely one to consider. X800C Pro flash is great for the money. Pixel X800C Pro model features Pixel King Pro receiver built-in. 2.4GHz radio triggers are much more convenient and reliable than the Optic Wireless triggering system.
Build quality of the flash can stand side to side with well known brands such as Canon, Nikon. Pixel really produces high quality products so the flash is really robust and firm, furthermore buttons are also really nicely positioned and pleasant to use. Overall build quality is much better than you would expect from the flash speedlite of this price tag.
Pixel X800C Pro is fully compatible with Canon E-TTL / E-TTL II metering. It features a powerful guide number of 60m (ISO 100, 200mm) as well as an impressive zoom range of 20-200mm, along with a wide-angle diffuser for 14mm coverage on full-frame cameras. Bounce lighting is also possible with tilt from -7 to 90° and rotation left and right 180°. The X800C TTL exposures are very good and quite consistent, bounced or direct. Flash Exposure Compensation (FEC) adjustments are working as they should
X800C has a recycle time of about 2.5 seconds and has high-speed sync, 1st and 2nd curtain synchronization settings. Also, it supports a multi flash stroboscopic mode for multiple flashes during a single exposure. It runs on 4 AA batteries and comes with a mini stand and diffuser cover.
The X800C Pro (and similar Pixel flashes) are still quite clearly matching the Canon 600EX-RT for light output though. So the Pixel flashes can really match the Canon 600EX-RT for power, where many other third party flashes are at at least 1/3 of a stop bellow.
Pixel X800C Pro FEATURES
- Built-in Pixel King Pro transceiver for reliable TTL and HSS wireless triggering.
- Pixel X800C Pro level lock clamping foot clamps tightly in the camera hot-shoe, and does not allow the flash to slop around any more than the original Canon flash does.
- Interface and LCD screen display very simple and intuitive
- PC sync port for wired off-camera firing
- Optical transmission has access to 4 channels and 3 groups (A/B/C)
- Built-in pull-out bounce card for reflecting light forward when the flash is tilted upwards
- Manual power settings from 1/1 to 1/128 with 29 total levels
- Stroboscopic mode of 1-500 Hz
- Supports Canon Flash Control Menus (external speedlite menu)
- Power saving mode and overheat protection
- Automatic setting saving remembers your last settings
- Excellent autofocus assist beam to help camera focus in low light conditions.
- X800C Pro has a very high Guide Number of 60m (ISO100, 200mm). It supports High-speed Synchronization, e-TTL II, manual flash modes. The highest synchronization speed is 1/8000s.
- Fast Clamping Metal Foot with Locking Pin
- Supports Wireless Optical Master and Slave modes – The X800C can work as a Master and Slave unit. It also supports S1 and S2 pre flash cancel modes.
- X800C supports auto and manual zooming, the flash coverage can be changed between AUTO, 20~200mm.
- Ultrafast charging recycle system. Also supports external power supply
- Equipped with big size LCD display. High definition dot matrix screen