The Canon CN-E 20mm T1.5 L F Cinema Prime Lens is a manual focus prime lens that covers Full Frame and Super 35 sensor formats. The lens offers a maximum aperture of T1.5, useful when shooting in low light situations or when you want to capture that exceedingly shallow depth of field look. It has an 11-blade iris that provides round, out-of-focus highlights for a natural looking bokeh. The lens barrel features 300° of stepless, smooth rotation from close focus to infinity, giving you a high degree of precision and consistent focus.
The lens features standard cine lens gears and is designed to minimize focus breathing and also has innovative glass construction that counteracts barrel expansion and contraction to avoid temperature-induced marking discrepancies. It’s dual focus, with markings on both sides of the barrel. The rear markings are on an angled surface, making it readable form either side of the camera. It also has a dust- and water-resistant housing to minimize maintenance during normal use.
- Covers Full Frame and Super 35 sensors
- 11-blade iris
- Focus breathing minimized to virtually zero
- Markings on both sides of the barrel
- Rear markings on an angled surface
- Smooth, stepless 300° focus ring
- Geared manual iris ring
- Shares 114mm front barrel diameter, focus rotation, 36° iris rotation, and focus and iris gear positions with the rest of the CN-E line-up
- Glass construction counteracts temperature induced marking discrepancies
- Dust and water-resistant housing
- Focus markings can be switched to metric labeling if you send the lens to Canon for modification
Outstanding optical performance
Employing anomalous dispersion glass to reduce chromatic aberration, plus large aspherical elements, the lens achieves high-resolution imaging across the frame.
Supports Super35mm and full frame
The lens offers widespread lens compatibility options for professional filmmakers using Super35mm full-frame, APS-C and APS-H cameras.
11-blade iris for natural bokeh
An aperture diaphragm with 11 leaves creates gentle, attractive blurring or ‘bokeh’ for cinematographic effects and created deeper, richer depth-of-field.
Superb operability and reliability
The lens offers a sturdy build that’s user-friendly for demanding productions. It features focus and iris markings that are engraved on angled surfaces for improved readability.
Excellent communication and integration
The lens communicates to the camera data relating to ambient light, chromatic aberration, and other image information and can be used with movie industry accessories.