Canon EF-S 10 – 22 mm f 3.5 – 4.5 USM
The Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Lens is an ultra-wide-angle zoom lens with the dynamic expressive capability and a lightweight build for all EF-S mount digital EOS cameras.
With an effective focal length range of approximately 16-35mm in 35mm format, this lens allows you to get extremely close to subjects, exaggerating the difference in size between a near object and its background. Creative photographers can use this phenomenon to create excellent separation between subject and background for a strong sense of presence, or for a pan-focus effect with everything from foreground to background sharply in focus. An Ultrasonic Motor (USM) provides fast, smooth and quiet autofocus action and manual focus override in the One-Shot AF mode enables precise focusing at all times.
Designed specifically for digital photography with APS-C size sensors, the lens has three aspherical and one Ultra-low Dispersion elements to minimize aberrations and Super Spectra coatings to suppress ghosting and flare, which can be caused by reflections off digital camera sensors. An optional lens hood can further reduce the incidence of flare.
- Excellent optical quality and true wide-angle coverage with select digital SLRs
- Superior AF performance and speed, with full-time manual focus by simply turning ring
- Close-focusing to 9.5 inches — fill the frame with subjects as small as 3.6 x 5.4 inches
- Relatively compact size and lightweight for an ultra-wide zoom lens
- Inner focusing system (no front element rotation); length doesn’t change if zoomed
- Circular aperture design — natural highlights, even stopped down two stops
- Electronic diaphragm — manually-set apertures stay constant from f/4.5 thru f/22
- EF-S lens mount — exclusively for EOS 20D, 30D, 40D, 50D and Digital Rebel bodies