High-Image Quality 24.1MP CMOS APS-C Sensor
The compact Canon EOS M200 Mirrorless Camera features a powerful 24.1MP CMOS APS-C Sensor built-in, to ensure that when capturing images – you’ll be wowed with the high-resolution quality that’s been delivered, along with the beautiful 4K video that it can capture. Each and every photo captured and video recorded will feature fine details, rich in color from the deepest reds to emerald greens to lush blues and purples.
Powerful DIGIC 8 Image Processor
Along with the powerful DIGIC 8 Image Processor, the Canon EOS M200 Mirrorless Camera ensures that high-quality images are delivered, along with the fast operation, even in low-light. The DIGIC 8 Image Processor also ensures that when utilizing a higher ISO setting – that it will maintain sharp results and detailed in basically all lighting conditions.
Extremely Fast & Accurate Dual Pixel CMOS AF
The Dual Pixel CMOS AF is designed to deliver fast, and accurate autofocus when capturing fast-moving subjects. This will ensure that when capturing fast-moving subjects – you’ll be left within the focus and striking results.
Autofocus Area Coverage of Approx. 88% x 100%
With select EF-M, EF and EF-S lenses with the optional EF-EOS M Adapter, the Canon EOS M200 Mirrorless Camera covers an expansive focus area of approx. 88% horizontal and 100% vertical. With a coverage of 88% horizontal – it will provide fast and impressive focusing even if your subject is way off-center.
Beautiful 4K Video Recording & 4K Time-Lapse
Record beautiful 4K videos wherever you go, whether it being on holiday or just your everyday thing of capturing precious memories. The Canon M200 Camera can capture 4K video frame rates of up to 24p for extremely high definition, cinematic results. This will ensure that striking results can be delivered at all times. In addition, you can also create beautiful time-lapse videos in 4K, simply by selecting the Time-Lapse Movie Mode.
* 4K movies are shot with Contrast AF and will be cropped
Vertical Video Support
The vertical video mode is perfect when sharing video content on social media, especially when vlogging. The vertical video support allows you to also mix up your shot length and camera angles to make your videos so much more interesting and unique.
Built-in 3.0” Touch Panel LCD Screen
The Canon EOS M200 Mirrorless Camera sports a large 3.0” Touchscreen LCD Screen that can rotate 180° upwards and 45° downwards – making it perfect for vlogging gurus, and for creating picture-perfect selfies at high and low angles with ease.
Built-in Bluetooth & Wi-Fi Technology
The Canon EOS M200 is advanced enough to feature amazing technology such as built-in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. The Bluetooth connectivity allows you to connect to your smart device via the Canon Camera Connect App – allowing you to remote control the camera, and also to send continuously updated GPS location date from your phone so that you can geotag what you’ve captured.
While the Wi-Fi connectivity ensures that you can easily transfer files directly from the camera to your device, and to share and upload from the device directly to various social media platforms.
Other Features Include:
- Standard ISO Sensitivity of 100-25600 (Which is great for Low Light Situations)
- Creative Assist that provides guidance for creating amazing photographs
- Silent Mode – allowing you to capture precious moments without worrying about distracting the audience.
Especially sleek and impressively versatile, the black Canon EOS M200 blends a wide range of shooting capabilities with an everyday form factor. Sporting a 24.1MP APS-C CMOS sensor and DIGIC 8 image processor, the M200 enables high-resolution stills shooting along with a 6.1 fps continuous shooting rate and wide ISO 100-25600 sensitivity range to suit working in a variety of conditions.
UHD 4K video recording is also supported, as well as in-camera 4K time-lapse movie production for a creative melding of stills and video. The sensor’s design also facilitates Dual Pixel CMOS AF, which uses phase-detection autofocus for quick, accurate, and smooth performance to suit both stills and video use.
Complementing the imaging assets, the M200’s slim design incorporates a 3.0″ 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD for intuitive shooting control. The screen has a 180° tilting design, too, to benefit selfie shooting as well as working from high and low angles. Additionally, built-in Wi-Fi with NFC allows for quick and convenient pairing with a smartphone or tablet for wireless image sharing, and Bluetooth is also featured for image sharing to and remote camera control from a mobile device.
24.1MP APS-C CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 8 Image Processor
Dual Pixel CMOS AF
When working with still imagery, this focusing system works to acquire focus quickly and accurately, making it ideally suited to shooting and tracking moving subjects so that critical focus is attained with each shot. Eye Detection AF can also be used for portraiture and helps to prioritize focus on a subject’s eye for ensured sharpness.
When shooting video, a Movie Servo AF mode offers smooth and natural focusing when changing from different subjects or different distances within the scene, as well as the ability to specify tracking sensitivity, AF speed, and Face Tracking priority. Benefited by the Touch AF system, rack focus is possible simply by touching elements within the scene on the touchscreen in order to change focus in an intuitive manner. Subject tracking in movies is also heightened due to the Dual Pixel CMOS AF system’s ability to recognize subjects and maintain focus when working within changing or cluttered scenery.
Body Design and Wireless Connectivity
- Large 3.0″ touchscreen LCD provides an intuitive method for controlling focusing points, navigating menus, and reviewing imagery. This screen also features a 180° up, 45° down tilting design to better enable making self-portraits and to work from high and low angles.
- Built-in Wi-Fi with NFC allows for easy wireless sharing of both photos and movies to a linked mobile device.
- Bluetooth permits linking a smartphone or tablet for quick, automatic image sharing between devices as well as remote control capabilities.
- Built-in pop-up flash provides additional illumination for working in low-light conditions.
- Included LP-E12 battery provides approximately 315 shots per charge with normal settings or 485 shots per charge with Eco Mode on.
Other Camera Features
- Time-Lapse Movie mode creates finished 4K videos comprised of consecutively recorded stills with in-camera processing.
- Vertical Video support permits recording in a vertical orientation to suit sharing videos on social media.
- Dedicated Self Portrait mode incorporates a series of tools, such as skin smoothing, background blurring, and a customizable self-timer, to help produce perfect selfies.
- Creative Assist makes it easy to see the effects of changing camera settings with real-time results displayed. This mode also lets you fine-tune brightness, contrast, and saturation with a dedicated menu.
- Visual Guide and Feature Assistant explain and illustrate the various shooting modes in order to foster experimentation and a better understanding of the camera’s capabilities.
- Silent Mode virtually eliminates the shutter sound in order to prevent startling subjects or to permit working in noise-sensitive environments.