Bringing together the mobile versatility of the EOS R50 mirrorless camera with a lens, shotgun microphone, and tripod grip, the EOS R50 Content Creator Kit from Canon is a starter’s bundle tailored for vloggers, videographers, and visionaries who are keen to record their world in high-quality detail. The heart of this kit is the EOS R50 camera, offering an inviting blend of simplicity and performance in a compact, lightweight body that makes on-the-go content creation an intuitive process. The compact and retractable RF-S 18-45mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM won’t monopolize your camera bag, leaving room for the Tripod Grip HG-100BTR, which provides stability and clarity for both photos and videos, and the Stereo Microphone DM-E100, a shoe-mounted directional microphone that provides detailed audio for your podcasts, vlogs, and other videos.
A compact and lightweight camera, the black Canon EOS R50 is a highly versatile mirrorless camera with a sophisticated photo and video feature set. Geared towards content creators and vloggers, this camera is slightly smaller and lighter than the EOS M50 Mark II and features an upgraded 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor and DIGIC X image processor to deliver high-resolution stills and UHD 4K videos.
24.2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor and DIGIC X Processing
Enhanced Dual Pixel CMOS AF II
2.36m-Dot EVF and Vari-Angle Touchscreen LCD
Advanced A+ Assist
Simple and Convenient Vlogging
Movie for Close-Up Demos Mode
Vertical Movie Mode and Aspect Markers
- Wired and wireless connectivity options allow for multiple methods of transferring photos and videos, livestreaming, as well as for remotely controlling the camera. Physically, the camera features a USB-C port, a micro-HDMI port, and a microphone port for video recording.
- UVC/UAC compatibility allows the R50 camera to be used as a web camera to stream live video in Full HD without additional computer software. Compatible applications include Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Skype, and similar on-line web conferencing software.
- Built-in Bluetooth pairing lets you easily connect the camera to compatible smart devices using the free Canon Camera Connect app. This low-energy wireless connection helps preserve battery life, while providing remote control of the camera. It also sends continuously updated GPS location data from your phone, letting you geotag what you’ve captured so you know precisely where you captured the photo.
- Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity enables quick and seamless wireless functions, such as remote live view, file viewing, and transfer. Using the Canon Camera Connect app, you can also transfer files to your mobile device to browse and share on social media.
- Built-in USB-C allows you to connect the camera to a smartphone or computer. All Canon Camera Connect app features that can be used with Wi-Fi are now available when the camera and smartphone are connected via USB, using a compatible cable for your device.
Pop-Up Flash and Next-Generation Multi-Function Shoe
A versatile zoom range in a compact package is the promise of the Canon RF-S 18-45mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM Lens. Made specifically for Canon’s APS-C-format R Series mirrorless line, it delivers a wide-angle to short telephoto equivalent zoom range of 29-72mm. Plus, a retractable design makes it ideal for everyday carry where you want to stuff the camera in a bag.
Canon has taken care with the optical design, using two aspherical elements and the Super Spectra Coating to minimize aberrations and reduce ghosting and flare. An Optical Image Stabilizer will help ensure sharp imagery, providing up to 4 stops of shake correction or up to 6 stops of Coordinated IS with a compatible camera body. Additionally, the lead screw-type STM AF system is fast enough to keep up with speedy continuous focus while being smooth and quiet enough to work for video.
Designed to improve audio quality while recording video, the Canon DM-E100 Directional Microphone is a shoe-mounted, wired external mic with a 3.5mm plug. The directional design is suitable for a variety of recording applications and a windscreen is included to reduce wind noise when working in noisier and outdoor environments.
Useful for stabilizing your shots, the HG-100TBR Tripod Grip is compatible with select Canon EOS M and PowerShot G cameras. Serving double duty, the HG-100TBR can be used either as a camera grip for handheld shooting or can fold out to a sleek tabletop tripod. The head has a tilting design for working at different angles and it attaches to cameras via a 1/4″-20 mount. A BR-E1 Wireless Remote Control is also included, and fits into the grip’s design, for wireless shooting and seamless camera