Canon EF 180 mm f 3.5 L USM LENS
The EF 180 mm f 3.5 L USM Lens from Canon is a high quality prime telephoto lens with 1:1 macro capability for sharp close-up photography. It is also ideal for portraiture and general telephoto shooting. An ultrasonic autofocus motor enables fast, smooth and quiet autofocus and manual focus override allows for precise manual focus, even in AF mode. Its internal focusing feature does not cause the lens length to change or the front element to rotate during focusing, which is particularly important when shooting macro. Three UD-glass elements correct residual chromatic aberrations and provide overall sharp, high contrast imaging.
EF 180 mm f 3.5 L USM is a telephoto macro lens with a maximum magnification of 1x. Life-size close-ups can be taken from a farther distance without disturbing the subject (insects, etc.). The internal floating system minimizes fluctuations in aberrations caused by changes in the focusing distance. The delineation is therefore razor-sharp from 1x to infinity.
The EF 180 mm f 3.5 L USM is one of the sharpest lenses in the entire EOS system, and a brilliant all-round telephoto lens that can focus to true life size (1x) — with a working distance of almost 10 inches (0.25m) from the subject! Three UD-glass elements, a floating optical system, and internal focusing assure superb performance at any distance. It’s even compatible with the EF 1.4x II and 2x II tele extenders. A powerful ring-type USM means fast and silent AF, along with full-time manual focus. It includes a tripod collar and detachable lens hood.
- A telephoto prime lens ideal for shooting distant subjects, portraiture and, with 1:1 life-size magnification, macro close-up photography.
- Manual focus override allows for precise manual focusing even in auto focus mode. This is particularly effective when shooting macro.
- Ultrasonic autofocus motor, inner focus system and floating lens elements enable fast, smooth and silent AF action. The front of the lens does not rotate or extend when focusing.
- Features distance and depth-of-field scales on the lens barrel.
- Focusing distance range can be selected with a switch on the lens barrel. By setting a suitable focusing distance range, actual autofocus time can be shortened. The focusing ranges are 1.6” to infinity and 4.9′ to infinity.
- A removable, rotatable tripod collar enables mounting the lens to a tripod in both horizontal and vertical orientations.
- Compatible with EF 1.4x II and EF 2x II Extenders.