An ultra-wide zoom characterized by a bright and advanced optical design, the XF 8-16mm f/2.8 R LM WR from FUJIFILM is a 12-24mm-equivalent lens featuring a constant f/2.8 maximum aperture for consistent performance throughout the zoom range. The optical layout comprises six extra-low dispersion elements, including three Super ED elements, which help to virtually eliminate chromatic aberrations and color fringing for greater clarity and color accuracy.
Four aspherical elements are also used to suppress distortion, curvature of field, and spherical aberrations for improved sharpness. Also, a Nano-GI coating helps to control ghosting and flare for enhanced contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions. Complementing the optics is a refined linear motor, which affords quick and quiet autofocus performance, and the lens body is weather-sealed in 11 distinct places to support working in trying environmental conditions.
- Impressively wide zoom is designed for FUJIFILM X-mount mirrorless cameras and provides a 12-24mm equivalent focal length range.
- Constant f/2.8 maximum aperture offers consistent performance throughout the zoom range and excels when working in difficult lighting conditions.
- Six extra-low dispersion elements, including three Super ED elements, are used to greatly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to produce high clarity and color fidelity throughout the zoom range.
- Four aspherical elements control distortion, curvature of field, and spherical aberrations, which helps to improve sharpness and realize more accurate rendering.
- Nano-GI (Gradient Index) coating has been applied to lens elements and alters the refractive index between the glass and air in order to better suppress lens flare and ghosting for diagonal incident light.
- Linear motor autofocus system delivers smooth, near-silent performance that is especially beneficial to video applications and when working in noise-sensitive areas.
- The lens body incorporates extensive weather sealing to protect against dust and moisture, and to enable worry-free use in inclement conditions and freezing temperatures as low as 14°F.
The Fujifilm XF 8-16mm f/2.8 R LM WR is a fast ultra-wide-angle zoom lens that has a constant maximum aperture of f/2.8 and is equivalent to 12-24mm in the 35mm format. It complements the other constant f/2.8 zoom lenses (XF16-55mm f/2.8 R LM WR and XF50-140mm f/2.8 R LM OIS WR) to create a premium trio of lenses that cover the focal lengths equivalent from 12mm all the way to 213mm in the 35mm format.
The lens’ outstanding edge-to-edge image-resolving performance and f/2.8 maximum aperture make this product a perfect choice for landscape and architecture photography with an emphasized sense of perspective, interior photography at restaurants and hotels, as well as nightscape and astrophotography.
- X-Mount Lens/APS-C Format
- 12-24mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- Four Aspherical Elements
- Three Super ED and Three ED Elements
- Nano-GI Coating
- Linear Autofocus Motor
- Weather-Sealed Construction
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
Ultra-wide angle zoom with a constant maximum aperture of f/2.8
In order to provide an ultra-wide angle zoom of 8-16mm (equivalent to 12-24mm in 35mm format) at a constant maximum aperture of f/2.8, this lens uses an impressive 20 elements in 13 groups. This includes four aspherical lens elements to control distortion and spherical aberration, and six ED lens elements including three super ED elements to control lateral chromatic aberration. This design results in advanced image-resolving performance across the zoom range while maintaining a constant maximum aperture of f/2.8.
Field curvature correction mechanism
In order to correct field curvature, typically found with ultra-wide angle lenses, this lens features a correction element which adjusts according to the position of the zoom in order to achieve edge-to-edge sharpness.
Double Nano-GI Coating
The rear surface of the two front lens elements is treated with Nano-GI coating to eliminate ghosting and flare, caused by oblique light, creating clear images.
Silent and fast autofocus
The lens uses linear motors for autofocus to achieve quiet and ultra-fast AF.
Advanced construction that withstands various shooting conditions
The barrel is sealed at 11 places to make the lens resistant to dust, moisture, and low temperatures down to -10 degrees Celsius. The front lens element is coated with fluorine to repel water and dirt, adding extra durability so that the lens can be used outdoors with peace of mind.