A fast telephoto prime for the Fujifilm X-series of mirrorless cameras, the Fujifilm XF 90mm F2R LM WR features a 137mm equivalent focal length along with a fast f/2 maximum aperture for low-light performance and extensive control over focus placement.
The “Fujifilm XF 90mm” F2R LM WR lens construction incorporates three extra-low dispersion elements to minimize chromatic aberrations and distortion and a Super EBC coating has been applied to control flare and ghosting for increased contrast and color fidelity. Complementing the optical assets is a robust weather-sealed construction that incorporates seven seals on the lens barrel to protect against moisture, dust, and cold temperatures.
Benefitting handling and fast-paced shooting, this 90mm f/2 also incorporates a Quad Linear Motor for quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance. As a mid-length prime telephoto, the Fujifilm “XF 90mm” F2R LM WR lens is especially well-suited to a variety of shooting applications, most notably portraiture, where the intuitive handling, fast performance, and ability to control your focus are paramount.
The Fujifilm XF 90mm F2R LM WR lens is available at discount from Foto Discount World.
- Providing a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 137mm, this prime telephoto is ideal for working with distant subjects and portraiture applications.
- Fast f/2 maximum aperture benefits working in difficult lighting conditions and also offers greater control over focus when working with shallow depth of field or selective focus techniques.
- The 11-element-in-8-group design includes three extra-low dispersion elements to minimize chromatic aberrations and distortions for increased clarity and sharpness.
- A Super EBC coating has been applied to the surface of each element, for controlling ghosting and flare, for greater image clarity.
- A Quad Linear Motor autofocus system delivers smooth, near-silent performance that is especially beneficial to video applications and when working in noise-sensitive areas. Four magnets are incorporated into the design of the linear motor for increased torque and faster response for acquiring focus as quickly as 0.14 sec.
- Seven distinct weather seals are placed about the lens barrel to protect against dust, moisture, and temperatures as low as 14°F.
- Seven rounded diaphragm blades contribute to a pleasing out-of-focus quality when working with selective focus or shallow depth of field techniques.
- A minimum focusing distance of 2′ pairs with a 0.2x maximum magnification (0.3x equivalent) to benefit working with close-up subjects.
The Fujifilm XF 90mm f/2 R LM WR is a super-fast prime lens with razor-sharp optics and super-fast focus for Fujifilm mirrorless cameras. The lens is also weather resistant and weighs just 540g.
The FUJINON XF90mmF2 R LM WR is a fast-aperture prime lens with a focal length equivalent to 137mm*1 and a maximum aperture of F2. 0, that delivers ultra-sharp images with rich bokeh even at the maximum aperture setting.
Ultra-sharp images even at the maximum aperture
The optical construction of the Fujifilm XF 90mm f/2 R LM WR Lens comprises 11 elements in 8 groups, including three ED (extra low-dispersion) elements, which reduces chromatic aberrations to deliver sharp, rich images even at the widest aperture of f/2.0. A Super EBC coating has been applied to the surface of each element, for controlling ghosting and flare, for greater image clarity.
The rounded aperture blades combined with an optical construction designed to minimise vignetting creates beautiful circular bokeh right to the edge of the image. In addition, stunning depth is possible in images thanks to the differentiation between the razor-sharp subject and the bokeh in front and behind it.
A Quad Linear Motor autofocus system delivers smooth, near-silent performance that is especially beneficial to video applications and when working in noise-sensitive areas. Four magnets are incorporated into the design of the linear motor for increased torque and faster response for acquiring focus as quickly as 0.14 sec. The high-speed autofocus provides a more versatile shooting experience, allowing users to quickly react to subtle changes in a subject’s facial expression.
Close focusing to 60cm and 0.3x magnification
The close focusing capabilities of the Fujifilm XF 90mm f/2 R LM WR Lens allow you to isolate key parts of a subject so you can shoot dramatic portraits or close-ups of flowers and insects. The close-focus distance of 60cm is paired with a 0.3x magnification (35mm equivalent) for beautiful close-up work.
Weather, Dust, and Freeze Resistance
The lens features a weather- and dust-resistant design and structure with seven seals on the lens barrel. It has also been designed to work well in temperatures as low as -10°C. This keeps the lens protected from rain, dust and splashes of water when shooting outdoors.
Lightweight and compact
The lens weighs approx 540g, and is compact too, with a filter thread measuring just 62mm. The combined weight with the XF56mmF1.2 R is less than 1kg – great news for portrait photographers who want to travel light and still shoot with prime lenses for sharp images and strong bokeh.
The 90mm prime lens comprises of 11 elements, including 3 ED elements. ED (extra low dispersion) elements effectively reduces chromatic aberrations to produce sharp and detailed images.
Beautiful circular background bokeh
A large maximum aperture and rounded aperture blades helps create a shallow depth of field and beautifully smooth bokeh. The shallow depth of field and smooth bokeh makes your subject stand out from the background and is perfect for portrait and product photography.
Minimum focus distance of 60cm
The telephoto focal length and short focus distance will help you to capture breath-taking close-ups with exceptional detail while the circular bokeh will blur your background to isolate your subject.
Thanks to a quad linear motor with four magnets and a maximum aperture of f/2 the XF 90mm can quickly and silently focus on and track your subject, helping you to capture that special moment at the right time.
Weather resistant, dust-resistant and -10C low-temperature operation
Each portion of the barrel is sealed, making the lens weather-resistant, dust-resistant and capable of -10C low-temperature operation.