Nikon 300mm VR F2.8 IF-ED AF-S Nano Crystal Coat Lens
The super-quiet Nikon 300mm f/2.8 G-AFS ED-IF VR telephoto lens features Nikon’s Silent Wave Motor technology that combines fast and precise autofocusing operation with super-quiet operation. The Vibration Reduction (VR) technology helps compensate for camera shake to help ensure sharper pictures in low light and at shutter speeds up to three stops slower.
This lens also features improved optical designs, using Nikon’s performance-proven Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass, Nano-Crystal anti-reflective coating, Meniscus front element, Internal Focus, and focus preset functions. Distance Signal technology provides focused-distance information.
Designed to deliver professional quality sports and action photography.
Note: “G” type lenses are not fully compatible with the F4, N90-series, N70, N8008-series, and N6006 (or older model) cameras, only programmed auto or shutter-priority auto exposure mode can be used.
Note: AF-S feature is not supported by certain camera models. contact us for info
Vibration Reduction (VR) minimizes image blur caused by camera shake (cancelable). Two available VR modes :
- Normal mode covers for regular handshake with support for panning as well as tracking shots. For example, when panning (horizontally) while tracking a moving subject, vibration reduction suppresses only vertical handshake.
- Active mode is available to suppress vibration when shooting while on a moving vehicle.
SWM (Silent Wave Motor)
Three ED Glass Elements
Focus Mode A/M
Customized AF Setting Switch
AF operation switch provides customized AF settings:
- Focus Preset: Setting recalls a specific preset focal point
- AF-L: Enables user to lock onto a chosen focal point from the lens
- AF-ON: Engages autofocus from the lens