Taking design inspiration from their OM-D DSLR cameras, the Olympus 10×42 Pro Binoculars come outfitted with high magnification and generous objective lens configuration favored by hunters, birders, and outdoor enthusiasts who observe at long ranges but need an optic that allows them to move fast and observe on the go.
Extra-low dispersion (ED) glass with phase-correcting and dielectric coatings on the BAK4 prisms, along with anti-reflection fully multi-coated optics, produce bright and clear high-contrast images with accurate colors and enhanced clarity without distortion, ghosting, or fringing. The wide apparent angle of view presents an immersive observational experience with the ability to take in large areas without having to move. A short 5′ close-focus distance lets you make detailed observations of small subjects like hummingbirds, butterflies, dragonflies, or other insects at short ranges when they are at feeders or flowers.
Designed to stand up to constant use in harsh outdoor conditions, the optical tubes are nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to make them waterproof and fogproof when moving through extreme temperature and environmental variations. Oil- and water-resistant exterior lens coatings cause rain and dew to bead off, while making oil, sap, and other dirt and debris easy to remove without smudges or streaks—ensuring clear views. Olympus include tethered front and rear lens caps to add an additional layer of protection in the field, with the ability to quickly react to glassing opportunities without fear of losing the caps.
- High 10x power brings distant subjects in close for detailed observation and identification
- 42mm objective lenses improve light-gathering ability versus smaller objectives while helping to maintain a compact form factor
- Compact roof prism light path ensures a slim profile without sacrificing performance
- BAK4 prism glass delivers a round exit pupil and a crisp and clear image with limited edge distortion
- Extra-low dispersion (ED) glass lens elements produce bright and clear images with accurate color rendition and improved contrast, without fringing
- Multi-layer phase-correcting and dielectric mirror prism coatings eliminate internal interference, light loss, and diffraction to improve clarity, resolution, and contrast
- Anti-reflection multi-coated optics maximize light transmission to ensure bright and clear images with accurate colors and improved contrast and clarity—without ghosting or flares
- Oil- and water-repellent exterior lens coatings make it easy to clean dew, rain, fingerprints, sap, and other materials off the lenses, without streaks or smudges, to ensure clear views
- Short 5-foot close-focus distance allows detailed viewing of small birds, butterflies, and insects at feeders and flowers
- Wide 62° apparent angle of view presents a spacious field of view to more easily find and track subjects
- Spacious 326′ field of view at 1000 yards
Use and Handling
- Closed-bridge configuration offers a solid and stable platform for the focusing system
- Large, slip-resistant center focusing wheel is easy to manipulate in cold or wet conditions or when wearing gloves
- ±2 right- and left-eye dioptric correction allows for precise focusing even for those who normally require corrective eyewear
- Twist-up click-stop rubber eyecups for comfortable use with or without eyewear
- Tripod mountable with optional adapters for hands-free use to reduce arm fatigue and vibrations
- Comfortable 16mm eye relief reduces eyestrain for easier viewing, especially during long glassing sessions
- 4.2mm exit pupil will cover most pupils as they open and dilate in low light to keep the entire scene in view at all times.
- Design elements inspired by the iconic Olympus OM-D cameras
- Nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme changes in temperature and environmental conditions
- Protective slip-resistant rubber armoring with raised palm pad ridges improves grip security
- Tethered objective lens caps and ocular rainguard offer maximum lens protection without the risk of losing them during use
- Strap connection is wider than normal binoculars, making this model compatible with select Olympus camera straps for improved comfort.