Phottix Mitros+ TTL Transceiver – Camera Flash for Canon. The Phottix Mitros+ TTL Transceiver Flash features a built-in Odin transmitter and receiver as well as full E-TTL / E-TTL II functionality for use with Canon cameras.
The Mitros+ has a guide number of 190′ at ISO 100 in the 105mm position, useful for illuminating subjects within a zoom range of 24 to 105mm. Additionally, the flash features wireless transmission via an optical pulse or IR triggering and can access 4 channels and 3 groups.
This radio transmission and reception are compatible with Strato II transmitters in addition to full compatibility with the Odin-series wireless devices. Also, this Mitros+ has memory functions for saving up to three sets of flash and function information for quickly changing when needed.
The flash head has the ability to rotate 180° in each direction and tilt from -7° to +90°. This allows for excellent control over bounce angles during a shoot. Also, the Mitros+ features a recycle time from 0.1 to 5 seconds that can be improved to 2.5 seconds with a quick flash mode.
Additionally, this flash unit features full manual controls and customizable shooting options that include high-speed sync and stroboscopic shooting modes. The flash runs on 4 AA batteries and comes with an attachable diffuser for softening light when needed. Other accessories include a soft case, 3.5mm sync cable, USB cable, USB drive with manual, an adapter for external power packs, and a flash stand.
- Radio transmission is compatible with Odin and Strato II wireless triggering systems up to 328′ away
- Wireless functionality via optical pulses in 4 channels and 3 groups with a range of up to 52.5′ indoors
- Ratio modes from 1:8 to 1:1 and 8:1 are available for firing multiple flash units
- A modeling flash setting is available for previewing how your shot will turn out
- High-speed synchronization allows you to fire using the fastest shutter speed available on your camera
- A bounce card and wide-angle diffuser are built into the flash head for convenience
- Stroboscopic mode fires a series of flashes at a frequency of 1-199 Hz for up to 100 flashes
- Status LED lights will notify you when the flash is ready to fire
- Overheating protection will slow the firing time to avoid damage from heat
- AF-assist light for focusing in poor lighting conditions
- Memory system for retaining your settings when the flash is powered off
- 3.5mm sync port for connecting this flash to a larger system
- USB port for installing firmware updates
The Phottix Mitros+ TTL Transceiver Flash is a highly versatile professional level flash that combines a Canon or Nikon compatible E-TTL or i-TTL flash, a Phottix Odin Transmitter and Receiver and a Strato II Receiver. It’s perfect for both on and off camera flash photography.
Powerful TTL Speed Light
With a guide number of 58, the Mitros+ is a powerful hot shoe flash unit fully compatible with TTL flash metering, with manual mode and multi modes, including high speed sync. An intelligent auto flash zoom matches the lens focal length from 24-105mm, or can be manually set.
Fast Recharge Time
A swivelling head (360 degree rotation, 97 degree tilt) and a quick recycle/recharge time from 0.1-2.5 seconds for minimal wait times between each shot make this unit perfect for event and wedding photography, making sure you never miss a critical moment.
Integrated Odin and Strato Wireless Triggers
Thanks to the integrated wireless trigger capabilities, the Mitros+ speedlight can trigger other Mitros+ units, Phottix Odin and Strato Receivers, or be triggered by the Odin TCU or Strato II Multi Transmitter. It’s perfect for strobist style off-camera flash photography either on location or in studio.
Remote Power Control Functionality
In Odin Transmitter mode, the Mitros+ permits remote power control in three different ways.
– Flash groups can be controlled with complete TTL functionality for automated flash exposures, and easy setup
– Flash groups can be triggered with remote manual flash power settings, from 1/128 through to full power, with 1/3 stop increments
– Flash groups can be triggered with some set to TTL power control, and others to manual control
Wireless High Speed Sync
While using the Mitros+ with Odin triggers, flash functionality such as high speed sync (at up to 1/8000 second shutter speeds), second curtain flash synchronisation and remote flash head zoom adjustments are retained.
Used in conjunction with Strato receivers and transmitters, the unit can sync up to 1/250 second shutter speeds.
Memory Function for Quick Setup
The Phottix Mitros+ TTL Flash with built-in Odin and Stratos transceivers introduces a built-in memory function that retains flash set up and custom function settings for quickly deploying in different situations.
Pair it with a light stand, umbrella, softbox or your favourite light modifiers for creative environmental portraits and product photography, or retrieve your preferred on-camera TTL setup in moments.