Designed and executed for the most demanding types of photography, the Sigma Lens 150-600/5-6.3 Sport is the new standard for telephoto zooms.
Boasting 2 FLD glass elements (performance equal to fluorite) and 3 SLD glass elements, the new Sigma lens 150-600/5-6.3 Sport available from Foto Discount World produces incredibly sharp images through the entire zoom range.
Chromatic aberration is controlled at the long end of the focal length through the optimized design of the glass elements and a dust and splash-proof construction ensures a high degree of durability. An updated optical stabilizer (OS) features an accelerometer for improved panning photography both horizontally and vertically, essential for birding, wildlife and motorsports photography.
The “Sigma 150-600″/5-6.3 Sport also touts a new zoom lock switch that can be locked at any focal length and a new manual override (MO) switch is incorporated as an option that is activated by rotating the focus ring while using the autofocus.
This state-of-the-art lens is equipped with advanced Sigma technology including an optimized, quieter AF, water/oil repellent coating on front and rear elements, and Mount Conversion service compatibility. As with all Sport line lenses, the Sigma 150-600 works with the Sigma USB dock for maximum customization allowing for firmware updates and adjustments to the focus limiter, AF speed, and OS view.
- When paired, the teleconverter and lens offer 210-840mm F6.3-9 zoom lens reach, with full autofocus functionality with most recent DSLR cameras.
- High action-capture performance
- Dust and splash-proof construction
- Customization and flexible adjustment with Sigma USB Dock
- 105mm Filter Size
Pairing a long-reaching telephoto zoom with a teleconverter to further extend its reach, the Canon EF-mount 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sports Lens and TC-1401 1.4x Teleconverter Kit from Sigma is a complete lens setup ideal for sports, wildlife, and nature photographers.
Versatile with its reach, the Canon EF-mount 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM from Sigma is a Sports-series lens offering a flexible telephoto zoom range, along with an advanced optical and physical design. A series of low dispersion elements are used to greatly reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing throughout the zoom range and contribute to greater clarity and color accuracy.
A Super Multi-Layer Coating has also been employed to control ghosting and flare for improved contrast when working in strong lighting conditions.
Complementing the optics is a Hyper Sonic Motor that provides especially fast and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override. An Optical Stabilizer also works to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. Additionally, a rotating tripod collar is integrated into the lens’s design to suit working atop a tripod or monopod.
- As part of the Sports line within Sigma’s Global Vision series, this lens is designed to offer excellent optical performance, speed, and other customizable features that make it an ideal choice for wildlife, sports, action, and other fast-moving subjects.
- Telephoto zoom is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount cameras, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 240-960mm equivalent focal length range.
- Two F Low Dispersion (FLD) and three Special Low Dispersion (SLD) elements are featured in the optical design and help to reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- Integrated HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor), along with a rear focus system, realizes quick and quiet autofocus, which is further complemented by an optimized AF algorithm to produce smoother focusing performance. The HSM also permits full-time manual focus control simply by rotating the focus ring at any time.
- Optical Stabilizer system minimizes the appearance of camera shake to benefit making sharper imagery when shooting handheld.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- Dust- and splash-resistant design suits this lens’s use in inclement weather conditions and a water- and oil-repellent coating has also been applied to the front and rear elements to aid in cleaning.
- Constructed using a Thermally Stable Composite (TSC) material for greater precision and use in wide temperature variations. Additionally, a brass bayonet affords improved mounting accuracy and rigidity.
- Zoom lock switch can be activated at any focal length to prevent accidental and unwanted zoom adjustment.
- A fixed, rotating tripod collar offers well-balanced support for photographing atop a tripod or monopod with either vertical or horizontal shooting orientations.
- This lens is compatible with the optional Sigma USB Dock for fine-tuning different lens characteristics and updating its firmware.
- Compatible with optional Sigma TC-1401 1.4x and TC-2001 2x teleconverters.