Complementing the optics is an Intelligent OS system, which minimizes the appearance of camera shake for sharper results when shooting handheld. A Hyper Sonic Motor is also used to provide quick and quiet autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. The physical design of the lens also incorporates several seals to guard against dust and moisture, and a water- and oil-repellent coating has been applied to the exposed elements to prevent moisture, fingerprints, or smudges from sticking to the surface. Additionally, a fixed rotating tripod collar is featured, and has a removable Arca-type compatible foot for wide compatibility with different tripod or monopod heads.
- As part of the Sports line within Sigma’s Global Vision series, this lens is designed to offer excellent optical performance, speed, and other customizable features that make it an ideal choice for wildlife, sports, action, and other fast-moving subjects.
- Versatile telephoto zoom is designed for FX-format Nikon F-mount cameras, however is also suitable for APS-C models where it provides a 105-300mm equivalent focal length range.
- Constant f/2.8 maximum aperture is well-suited for working in low-light conditions and also provides greater control over the focus position when using shallow depth of field techniques.
- One Special Low Dispersion (SLD) element and nine F Low Dispersion (FLD) elements are featured in the optical design and help to reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for improved clarity and color accuracy, as well as spherical aberrations for reduced distortion and improved sharpness throughout the zoom range.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- Front and rear lens elements have been treated with a water- and oil-repellent coating to benefit working in harsh environmental conditions.
- Rounded 11-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- The integrated HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) realizes quick and quiet autofocusing, which is further complemented by an optimized AF algorithm to produce smoother focusing performance. The HSM also permits full-time manual focus control simply by rotating the focus ring at any time.
- An Intelligent Optical Stabilizer system minimizes the appearance of camera shake to benefit making sharper imagery when shooting handheld.
- The bayonet mount is constructed from brass for ensured accuracy and durability. Additionally, rubber sealing is incorporated in the mount design to render it dust- and splash-resistant.
- Tripod collar has a rotating design and the replaceable foot is Arca-type compatible for easy mounting.
- This lens is compatible with the optional Sigma USB Dock for fine-tuning different lens characteristics and updating its firmware.
- Compatible with optional Sigma 1.4x and 2x teleconverters.
Prized for event, portraiture, and sports shooting, the Nikon F-mount Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 DG OS HSM Sports Lens is a flexible telephoto zoom characterized by its bright and sophisticated design. The fast constant f/2.8 maximum aperture excels in difficult lighting conditions and also offers increased control over depth of field for isolating subjects. In regard to the optical layout, an impressive 10 low dispersion elements are used to greatly reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color accuracy. A Super Multi-Layer Coating is also featured, and helps to suppress ghosting and flare when working in strong lighting conditions.
- EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- Nine FLD Elements, One SLD Element
- Super Multi-Layer Coating
- Hyper Sonic AF Motor
- Intelligent OS Image Stabilization
- Removable Arca-Type Tripod Foot
- Dust- and Moisture-Sealed Construction
- Rounded 11-Blade Diaphragm
- Compatible with Sigma Teleconverters
Combining all of the features required by professionals
One of the most anticipated lenses from the Sigma Global Vision line, the Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 DG OS HSM Sports is the new flagship large-aperture telephoto zoom lens that meets the most stringent needs of professional photographers. Robust yet lightweight, the lens’ magnesium body ensures high mobility and its dust- and splash-proof structure together with the water- and oil-repellent coating on the front element ensure safe use even in the most challenging shooting conditions. It also incorporates Intelligent OS with an acceleration sensor and the latest algorithm capable of panning in all directions.
The lens’ optical design, incorporating 10 exclusive low-dispersion glass elements, allows for extremely high resolution, from the centre to the corners. By optimising spherical aberration, a smooth and natural bokeh effect is achieved when using the Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 DG OS HSM Sports for portrait photography. The versatility of this lens is demonstrated in various customisation options via an AF Function button either through the camera body or Sigma USB Dock. The newest f/2.8 large-aperture zoom lens from Sigma comes in Sigma, Canon and Nikon mounts.
Water- and oil-repellent coating
The front lens element incorporates a water and oil-repellent coating that allows water to be wiped away easily and prevents oil and fat from sticking to the surface, even in challenging shooting conditions. At the same time, the maintenance of the lens surface becomes easier.
Dust- and splash-proof structure
This lens features a highly effective dust- and splash-proof structure with special sealing at the mount connection, manual focus ring, zoom ring, and cover connection, allowing photographers to work in all types of weather.
This lens incorporates Intelligent OS*1 adopting the latest algorithm to deliver an image stabilization effect of 4 stops*2.
*1 horizontally, vertically, or diagonally—regardless of the position of the lens.
*2 Based on CIPA guidelines (Measured in 200mm with a 35mm full-size image sensor)
Magnesium alloy barrel
To help minimize the weight associated with a hyper telephoto lens, the lens barrel is made with a magnesium alloy. Both lightweight and tough, this alloy contributes to the outstanding manoeuvrability of SIGMA 70-200mm F2.8 DG OS HSM | Sports.
Designed to minimize flare and ghosting
From an early stage in the lens design process, flare and ghosting have been measured to establish an optical design resistant to strong incident light sources such as backlighting. SIGMA’s Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting to help photographers produce sharp and high contrast images even in backlit conditions.
High-precision, rugged brass bayonet mount
The brass mount combines high precision with rugged construction. Its treated surfaces and enhanced strength contribute to the exceptional durability of the lens.