The Sigma 77mm WR UV Protector Filter prevents the bluish tone in bright sunny weather by absorbing ultraviolet rays – particularly in film cameras. Completely colourless, and comes standard with Sigma’s WR coating.
Characterized by its uniquely durable construction, the 77mm WR Ceramic Protector Filter from Sigma is a clear filter designed to guard the front of a lens from impacts, scratching, and other elements. Developed using a clear glass ceramic substrate, this filter blends a high 99.76% transmittance value with greater hardness than chemically-strengthened glass and greater flexibility than sapphire crystal glass.
This results in a build that is shock- and scratch-resistant to withstand a variety of impacts while shooting. Additionally, a water-repellent coating has also been applied to resist water droplets and fingerprint smudging, as well as static electricity from attracting dust or other particles. Built for use in trying conditions, the unique design of the WR Ceramic Protector Filter helps to maintain the lens’ inherent image quality while affording a high degree of protection.
- Clear protection filter guards the front lens element from a variety of impacts and scratching without affecting image quality.
- Clear glass ceramic is a highly durable substrate that has a greater hardness than chemically-strengthened glass and more flexibility than sapphire crystal glass.
- Unique construction has a Vickers hardness number of 700HV, making it both scratch- and shock-resistant. This hardness also lessens the likelihood of scratching or chipping that can lead to the filter shattering.
- Rather than only the surface structure being hardened, clear glass ceramic involves a heat treatment process that precipitates microcrystals of a mineral called spinel in order to achieve consistent, even strength across the entire filter surface. This strength also enables the design of the filter to be notably thin and lightweight.
- A water-repellent (WR) coating has been applied that, in addition to preventing water and oil from adhering to the filter surface, also helps to minimize ghosting and flare. This coating reflects 0.24% of light, giving an overall transmittance value of 99.76%.
- The WR coating also serves as an anti-static coating, which helps to repel dust or other particles from clinging to the filter surface.
- The included hard acrylic case protects the filter when not in use and has been designed to prevent accidental, unwanted opening.
The Sigma Professional Series represents the finest quality of filters available for your photographic lens, enhancing your overall experience with your camera and photography.
The Sigma WR (water repellent) Filters feature new anti-reflective coatings and a glass mounting system that contribute to exceptionally high-quality imaging designed for digital SLR photography.
When pitted against the standard coating offered by other brands, the benefits of Sigma’s ultra-low reflection multicoated optics are crystal clear.
Digital camera CCD or CMOS sensors are highly reflective objects and therefore susceptible to reflections. These reflections could spoil your photographs. Sigma Professional Filters have an ultra-low reflection multi-coating that dramatically reduces potential of sensor reflections and flare.
Key Optimizing Features
Black-Rimmed Glass Reduces light reflection off filter edge.
Premium Hard Anodized Black Frame Finish Aesthetically functional design that blends well with the fit and finish of professional lenses.
Low Profile Filter Rim Prevents vignetting with wide-angle focal length lenses. Designed to accept lens caps.
Easy-Grip Filter Edge Non-slip mounting and removal of filter.
Applicable to all but the Standard Protector Filter, the anti-static coating helps prevent static electricity from attracting dust and other particles, which can easily be blown off the filter if they do adhere.
Water & Oil Repellent Coating
Conventional Protective Filter
Applicable to all but the Standard Protector Filter, the surface of the filter is specially coated to offer excellent water and oil-repellent performance. Watch water and oil ricochet while dust that does adhere blows away and fingerprints removes with one wipe.
Wide Angle Capability
Low-profile filter rim prevents vignetting with wide-angle focal length lenses.
Portable Storage Case
Made of a special acrylic that is both stronger and more flexible, this storage case is designed to outlast others of its kind. The outer acrylic case is moulded for optimal integration with the inner elastomer holder, creating a filter holder designed to last many years with minimal deterioration. It comes equipped with a closure system designed to prevent accidental open or closure during normal use.
Made In Japan
SIGMA’s lens filters are made completely in Japan, including all individual processes used in its manufacture.