Sony FE 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 GM OSS Lens
- As part of Sony’s esteemed G Master series, this lens is designed to achieve notably high resolution and sharpness through the correction of a wide variety of spherical and chromatic aberrations. Additionally, these lenses feature robust and intuitive-to-handle physical designs to benefit both photography and cine applications.
- A far-reaching telephoto zoom designed for full-frame E-mount mirrorless cameras, this 100-400mm lens is also compatible with APS-C models where it provides a 150-600mm equivalent focal length range.
- A maximum aperture range of f/4.5-5.6 helps minimize size and weight while providing excellent performance in a variety of applications.
- Two extra-low dispersion elements and one Super ED element are featured in the lens design and help to control chromatic aberrations and reduce color fringing for increased clarity and color fidelity.
- A Nano AR Coating has been applied to reduce surface reflections, flare, and ghosting for increased contrast and color rendering in strong lighting conditions.
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper imagery when shooting handheld with slower shutter speeds. This stabilization system can also be combined with select camera’s sensor-shift type image stabilization for more effective control of camera blur.
- A Direct Drive Super Sonic wave Motor AF system and internal focus mechanism provides quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance and also contributes to more natural, intuitive manual focus control.
- A zoom torque adjustment ring will help provide users with added control over the zoom function of the lens.
- A floating elements system benefits image quality when working at the 3.22′ minimum focusing distance with 0.35x magnification.
- Focus range limiter and focus hold controls offer more intuitive handling and faster performance when photographing moving subjects.
- Dust and weather-sealed construction benefits using the lens in inclement shooting conditions.
- The front lens element features a fluorine coating to protect against smudges and dust from adhering to the glass surface.
- A rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
- Removable rotating tripod mount permits quick switching from horizontal to vertical shooting orientations.
- Compatible with Sony’s 1.4x and 2x FE teleconverters for reaching distances of up to 800mm.
- The included lens hood features a filter access window and a lock switch.