Sony FE PZ 28-135mm f4 G OSS Lens
- Powered 8-speed zoom provides a 28-135mm focal length range, covering wide-angle to telephoto perspectives
- Power zoom designed for cinema productions and full frame cameras.
Features Sony’s original Nano AR Coating technology designed to effectively suppress reflections that can cause flare and ghosting. The precisely defined regular nano-structure allows accurate light transmission, contributing to high-quality images, even more so than lenses with coatings that use an irregular nano-structure three control ring.
- (for zoom, focus, iris) offer manual control for demanding large format productions. The focus mode can be switched from auto to manual simply by sliding the focus ring forward so control is maintained at all times. Zoom speed can be precisely controlled over a wide range, with zoom rotation direction reversal capability. All three control rings have been engineered to provide ideal torque for comfortable, responsive operation. Even the pitch of the scalloping on the rings has been designed for comfortable, slip-free control
- Sony’s advanced iris control and linear AF motor drive system achieve quiet focusing that is also extremely responsive. Part of the reason that focus control is so quiet is that original Sony linear motors are contactless, with no gears or mechanical coupling to generate noise
- The world’s first SSM (Super Sonic wave Motor) drive in a cinema lens for quiet zoom and smooth iris control
- Maintains plane of focus while zooming and maintains the field of view while focusing (important for video)
- Delivers smooth tracking throughout the zoom range at any speed and eliminates any axial image shifting. Zooming is quite as well as responsive thanks to advanced mechanical actuator design
- Features an optical design and control technology inherited from Sony’s professional camcorders that ensure no breathing while focusing
Constant f4 maximum aperture enables greater consistency throughout the zoom range and benefits working in dim conditions with longer focal length optical
- SteadyShot image stabilization works to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to four shutter speed steps to benefit shooting handheld in dim lighting and with greater zoom magnifications
- Three extra-low dispersion elements and five aspherical elements help to reduce chromatic aberrations and distortion throughout the zoom range while also contributing to overall image sharpness and clarity