This Alta Pro 2+ 263AP Aluminum-Alloy Tripod Kit from Vanguard supports up to 11.0 lb, measures 29.8″ when folded, and includes an Alta PH-32 3-Way, Pan-and-Tilt Head with QS-60 V2 Quick Release Plate. Each of its 3-section legs features an independent spread as well as twist locks for rapid deployment. Together, the three legs can be extended to obtain a maximum height of 56.8″, or 69.0″ with the center column fully raised. When the center column and the legs are retracted, the tripod kit stands at 28.0″. Polymer covers on two of the legs provide a secure, comfortable grip while moving the tripod, and rubber feet help to enhance stability on a wide variety of surfaces.
Cameras or accessories that are compatible with a 1/4″-20 mount can be connected to the QS-60 V2 Quick Release Plate. The quick release plate can be attached or removed from the integrated clamp located at the top of the PH-32 3-Way, Pan-and-Tilt Head by tightening or loosening the clamp’s knurled, locking knob. Within the recessed surface between the clamp’s jaws is a retaining pin. This pin prevents an installed QS-60 V2 Quick Release Plate from accidentally sliding off when the clamp is opened. The quick release plate features a rubberized, non-slip platform while a bubble level is built-in along the edge of the clamp.
The PH-32 3-Way, Pan-and-Tilt Head can be rotated 360°, and tilted -60° backwards or 90° forwards. For portrait orientation, it offers a sideways +90°/-30° tilt angle. Each of these three movements function independently of each other and can be locked into place.
For added versatility, the center column is connected to the tripod by a fulcrum that enables 90° of upwards or downwards tilt that can be locked into place. Additionally, the center column assembly permits 360° of independent rotation. With the ability to push and pull the center column at all times, those tilt and swivel movements allow the center column to be used as an extendable cross arm or a miniature camera boom. This allows an attached camera to be easily raised toward an elevated subject or over a scene. A camera that is placed toward the end of center column can be positioned perpendicular to the tripod, while the legs can be further lowered for a minimum height of 11.0″. The camera can then be extended past the tripod’s legs, which is particularly useful for copy stand or macro photography. For subjects along the ground, the center column can also be used to obtain low angles while the tripod’s user is positioned comfortably behind the camera.
General Use and Handling
- Supports up to 11.0 lb
- Push-and-pull rapid center column for rapid camera, lens, or sport optic positioning
- Can be set to a maximum height of 56.8″, or 69.0″ with the center column fully raised
- Tripod kit stands at 28.0″ when the center column and the legs are retracted
- For added versatility, the center column is connected to the tripod by a fulcrum that enables up to 90° of upwards or downwards tilt, which allows the legs to be further lowered for a minimum height of 11.0″
- Center column can be locked at 0°, 15°, 30°, 45°, 60°, 75° or 90° angles
- Center column assembly permits 360° of independent rotation
- Tilt, swivel, as well as push-and-pull movements allow the center column to be used as an extendable cross arm or a miniature camera boom
- Hexagonal shaft design provides center column with increased torsional rigidity
- Aluminum-alloy legs each feature 3 sections, twist locks for rapid deployment, and can be independently spread
- Legs can be locked at 20°, 40°, 60, or 80° angles
- Polymer covers on two of the legs provide a secure and comfortable grip
- Rubber feet help to enhance stability on a wide variety of surfaces
- Separately-available metal spikes can supplement included rubber feet for use on surfaces such as soft and uneven soil
- Built-in tripod bubble level, ballast loop, and 3/8″-16 female accessory thread for direct attachment of accessories that feature 3/8″-16 mounts
- Weighs 5.7 lb, measures 29.8″ when folded
3-Way, Pan-and-Tilt Head
- Arca-type, 3-way, pan-and-tilt head
- Compatible with tripods or support systems that feature a 3/8″-16 mount
- Reducer bushing included for compatibility with tripods or support systems that feature a 1/4″-20 mount
- Can be rotated 360°, and tilted -60° backwards or 90° forwards
- Sideways +90°/-30° tilt angle for portrait orientation
- Two independent, user-extendable handles, one for backwards or forwards tilt, and one for sideways tilt
- Integrated clamp on top of head is compatible with included QS-60 V2 Quick Release Plate
- Built-in bubble level
- Integrated retaining pin on the clamp prevents QS-60 V2 Quick Release Plate from accidentally sliding off when the clamp is opened
- Durable, aluminum-alloy construction