Offering an impressively versatile range with a portable form factor, the Nikon F-mount 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM from Sigma is a Contemporary-series telephoto zoom characterized by its sophisticated optics and flexible handling. One FLD element and three SLD elements are used to reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range and a Super Multi-Coating also helps to suppress flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color accuracy when working in strong lighting conditions.
Balancing the optical design, this lens also features a Hyper Sonic Motor, which provides especially fast and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override. An Optical Stabilizer also works to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. Additionally, a removable, rotating tripod collar is included to suit working atop a tripod or monopod.
Joining the Global Vision lineup, the Sigma 150-600 mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM Nikon is designed for Nikon cameras and brings versatile super telephoto zoom focal lengths in a compact, weather-resistant package. The full frame lens features an aperture range from f/5-6.3 to f/22 and utilizes one FLD and three SLD elements. Also, this lens features a Hyper Sonic Motor for fast, quiet autofocus and has an Optical Stabilizer with an accelerometer for improved panning performance.
The “Sigma 150-600 mm” F5-6.3 DG OS HSM Nikon lens barrel features two main switches, one that can lock the zoom at any of the eight demarcated focal lengths and a manual focus override for additional control. The Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM Nikon lens, available at a low price from Foto Discount World, also has a minimum focusing distance of 110.2″ and a rotatable tripod collar. It is compatible with the Sigma USB dock for firmware updates and focus micro adjustment and comes with a lens hood, case, and shoulder strap.
- Features a front 95mm filter thread
- It is 4.1″ wide by 10.2″ long
- Eligible for Sigma’s Mount Conversion Service
- Works with Sigma’s Global Vision line of teleconverters
- Lens construction with 20 elements in 14 groups
- Water and oil-repellent coating on the front and rear elements
- “F” Low Dispersion, or FLD, glass is designed with performance similar to fluorite elements with a low refractive index and low dispersion for clearer and sharper imagery
- Special Low Dispersion or SLD, glass elements assist in providing greater clarity and contrast to an image
- Maximum magnification ratio of 1:5
- First hyper-telephoto zoom from the Contemporary line
- Lightweight and compact in construction for higher useability
- Water and oil-repellent coating on front glass element makes maintenance of the lens surface easier
- Dustproof and splash-proof mount
- Filter Size: 95mm
- As part of the Contemporary line within Sigma’s Global Vision series, this lens is designed to achieve a balance between convenience and performance, and meshes a compact, lightweight build and versatile handling with notable optical attributes.
- Telephoto zoom is designed for FX-format Nikon F-mount cameras, however can also be used with DX models where it provides a 225-900mm equivalent focal length range.
- One F Low Dispersion (FLD) and three Special Low Dispersion (SLD) elements are featured in the optical design and help to reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- Integrated HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor), along with a rear focus system, realizes quick and quiet autofocus, which is further complemented by an optimized AF algorithm to produce smoother focusing performance. The HSM also permits full-time manual focus control simply by rotating the focus ring at any time.
- Optical Stabilizer system minimizes the appearance of camera shake to benefit making sharper imagery when shooting handheld.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- Dust- and splash-resistant design suits this lens’s use in inclement weather conditions and a water- and oil-repellent coating has also been applied to the front element to aid in cleaning.
- Constructed using a Thermally Stable Composite (TSC) material for greater precision and use in wide temperature variations. Additionally, a brass bayonet affords improved mounting accuracy and rigidity.
- Zoom lock switch can be activated at any focal length to prevent accidental and unwanted zoom adjustment.
- A removable, rotating tripod collar offers well-balanced support for photographing atop a tripod or monopod with either vertical or horizontal shooting orientations.
- This lens is compatible with the optional Sigma USB Dock for fine-tuning different lens characteristics and updating its firmware.
- Compatible with optional Sigma TC-1401 1.4x and TC-2001 2x teleconverters.
Portability Meets Versatility
The Sigma 150-600mm 5-6.3 DG HSM OS Contemporary lens was created around the concept of maximum portability meets utmost image quality in a variable aperture hyper-telephoto zoom lens. Lightweight and compact, this zoom can handle any long-reach photographic situation one may encounter. This 150-600mm Contemporary boasts updated Sigma technology such as a quiet and optimised Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM) and a new Optical Stabiliser (OS) with an accelerometer for improved panning photography both vertically and horizontally, essential for birding, wildlife and motor photography.
The Sigma 150-600 Contemporary also touts a new zoom lock switch that can be locked at any focal length and a new manual override (MO) switch is incorporated for improved focusing control. Working with the Sigma USB dock, this lens allows for maximum customization such as firmware updates and adjustments to the focus limiter, AF speed and OS view.
- Nikon F Lens / Full-Frame
- Aperture Range: f/5-6.3 to 22
- One FLD & Three SLD Elements
- Hyper Sonic Motor AF System
- Optical Stabiliser with Accelerometer
- Zoom Lock & Manual Override Switches
- Minimum Focus Distance: 2.8 m
- Splash & Dust Proof Mount
- Lens Hood & Tripod Collar
- Compatible with Sigma USB Dock