Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG DN Art for Sony E – Mirrorless Camera Lens. A classic wide angle lens updated for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless systems, the 35mm f/1.4 DG DN from Sigma is an Art-series prime characterized by its advanced and updated optical design, sleek profile, and bright design. The f/1.4 maximum aperture enables working in low-light conditions and also provides increased control over depth of field for achieving shallow depth of field effects. The optical layout incorporates a series of low dispersion, aspherical, and high refractive index elements and its large diameter design achieves a notable degree of clarity and sharpness with well-controlled distortion and aberrations. Also, a Super Multi-Layer Coating enhances image quality by suppressing lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color fidelity in strong lighting conditions.
Balancing the optics is a refined exterior design, which features a physical aperture ring, which can be de-clicked or locked, along with a dedicated focus mode switch and AFL button for intuitive and tactile control. For autofocus, a stepping motor is used that maintains a lightweight and compact design while promoting fast and near silent focusing performance for both stills and video applications. Additionally, the lens features an 11-blade rounded diaphragm for smooth bokeh quality and the lens housing is also weather-sealed to suit working in inclement conditions.
The compact, and portable Sigma 35mm f/1.2 DG DN Art Lens sports many advance functions, so that image quality always remains main priority with edge-to-edge sharpness and clear clarity. Core features to the Sigma 35mm f/1.2 DG DN Art Lens for Sony E-Mount includes three low dispersion glass elements and three aspherical elements, as well as a double-sided element helps control spherical aberrations and distortion from occurring; a large Hyper Sonic Motor for impressively fast, smooth, and quiet autofocus performance. Adding to it, it also includes an aperture ring de-click switch that helps avoid unwanted noise when recording video with sound; an Autofocus (AFL) button; and a rounded 11-blade diaphragm to produce smooth, and pleasing bokeh quality.
- The Sigma 35mm f/1.2 DG DN Art Lens has carefully been engineered for full-frame Sony E-mount cameras to produce astounding, and detailed image quality. Well-suited for creative and artistic users.
- The Sigma 35mm f/1.2 DG DN Art Lens is Sigmas very first f/1.2 maximum aperture, prime lens, to ensure that striking image quality will be produce wherever you attend to. The lens is also compatible with APS-C models leaving you with a 53mm equivalent focal length.
- Featuring a large, constant f/1.8 aperture also ensures that youll be able to go out and shoot in all kinds of environments; making it ideal to shoot in low-light conditions and still delivering high-quality.
- The lens construction consists of special coatings thats been applied, which includes three Special Low Dispersion (SLD) elements. Having these three elements incorporated, definitely reduces chromatic aberrations and colour fringing from taking place throughout the zoom range.
- Other special glass elements are also included: being three aspherical elements, including a double-sided aspherical lens element to control spherical aberrations and distortion from occurring. This contributes to enhanced sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Built-in to this compact prime lens is a large Hyper Sonic Motor that features advance technology to achieve quick and quiet autofocus. The motor also enables full-time manual focus control which can be achieved when simply rotating the focus ring.
- For smooth, and a silent aperture you can quickly de-click the Manual aperture ring which is a bonus when recording video.
- Water-and oil-repellent Coatings has been applied to the front lens element so that you can go out and shoot in harsh environmental conditions.
- The Sigma 35mm f/1.2 DG DN Art Lens also features a weather-resistant construction, that includes brass bayonet for enhanced mounting accuracy and rigidity.
- The lens barrel also features a built-in Autofocus-Lock (AFL) button, where you can assign additional functions to it for a broader range of operations.