Created for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, this Sigma 35mm f/1.2 DG DN Art Lens features Sigma’s first prime lens design with a f/1.2 maximum aperture. Delivering excellent image quality while optimizing size, as well as weight, the lens’ fast f/1.2 aperture helps to achieve shallow depth of field as well as extremely selective focus effects and is also suited for working in very difficult lighting conditions. Three low dispersion glass elements and three aspherical elements, including a double-sided element, effectively control spherical aberrations and distortion for increased sharpness and accurate rendering.
Complementing its imaging capabilities, the lens includes a large Hyper Sonic Motor to produce quick, smooth, and quiet autofocus performance with full-time manual focus override. While the aperture ring’s de-click switch can prevent unwanted noise from being recorded while capturing video with sound, the built-in Autofocus-Lock (AFL) button can be assigned additional functions to widen the range of operations available on the lens. Additionally, a rounded 11-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- As part of the Art line within Sigma’s Global Vision series, this lens is designed to achieve truly notable optical performance and is ideally suited for creative and artistic applications.
- Created for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, this lens features Sigma’s first f/1.2 maximum aperture, prime lens design to deliver excellent image quality while optimizing size, as well as weight. It is also suitable for APS-C models where it provides a 53mm equivalent focal length.
- Constant f/1.2 maximum aperture is particularly well-suited for working in available light conditions and provides extreme control over depth of field.
- Three Special Low Dispersion (SLD) elements markedly reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing throughout the zoom range for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- Three aspherical elements, including a double-sided aspherical lens element, control spherical aberrations and distortion for increased sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Large HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) realizes quick and quiet autofocus. The HSM also permits full-time manual focus control simply by rotating the focus ring at any time.
- Manual aperture ring can be de-clicked for smooth, silent aperture switching to benefit video applications.
- Built-in Autofocus-Lock (AFL) button which can be assigned additional functions widens the range of operations available on the lens.
- Rounded eleven-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- Front lens element has been treated with a water- and oil-repellent coating to benefit working in harsh environmental conditions.
- Weather-resistant construction with a brass bayonet that affords improved mounting accuracy and rigidity.