If you could only have one lens, many photographers would pick the upgraded EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM Lens from Canon due to its exceptionally versatile zoom range from wide-angle to short telephoto, a constant f/4 aperture, and an outstanding build quality befitting an L-series lens.
This version II of the popular lens makes improvements to image quality through the use of a new optical design with four glass-molded aspherical elements, which helps to limit vignetting in your images. Also, it uses an Air Sphere Coating to reduce ghosting and flaring.
As with all L-series lenses, this optic has a dust- and water-resistant construction thanks to numerous seals that prevent intrusion when working in inclement weather. It also uses a fluorine coating on the exposed front and rear elements to help prevent smudges and to make cleaning easier.
A ring-type Ultrasonic Motor AF system provides fast and accurate autofocus while built-in optical image stabilization can help compensate for about 4 stops of shutter speed, minimizing the effects of camera shake. This lens also offers a zoom lock switch to prevent lens creep when not actively in use as well as an internal focus system. Full-time manual focus override is available for making adjustments regardless of the AF mode. Additionally, it has a rounded 10-blade aperture diaphragm for smooth out of focus elements.
For high-quality images that impress
Specialised lens elements help you to enjoy high image quality right across the zoom range, by minimising visible distortion. The integrated advanced Air Sphere Coating helps to guard against flare and ghosting when shooting in environments with unpredictable natural light.
Extended zoom range with constant maximum aperture
Swap quickly between wide-angle, standard and short telephoto focal lengths while maintaining a f/4 maximum aperture.
Stay sharp even in low light
Image Stabilizer combats the blurring effects of camera shake, so you can shoot up to 4 stops slower than normal.
Image Stabilisation Improved
A newly designed Image Stabilizer unit, gives the equivalent effect of a shutter speed 4 stops faster, compared to the EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM’s 2.5 stops.
Be versatile with video
The EF 24-105mm is just as useful for video as it is for still photography, offering focal lengths in a compact package that are ideal for a variety of subjects. Advanced autofocus allows for smooth, professional-looking, near-silent focus transitions and continuous focus tracking, with full-time manual override.
When the going gets tough, keep shooting
EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM features the new exterior L- series lens design. This robust construction is built to withstand the rigours of professional use, with enhanced resistance to shock and vibration.
EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM features a revised optical design compared to its predecessor, for improved resolution and edge-to-edge sharpness throughout the zoom range.
An advanced one-lens solution, the EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM is a Canon L-series zoom covering wide-angle to short-telephoto focal lengths and featuring a constant f/4 maximum aperture. The version II of this popular lens sports a redeveloped optical design, which includes four aspherical elements to significantly reduce distortion and spherical aberrations throughout the zoom range for great sharpness and accurate subject rendering.
Individual elements feature an Air Sphere Coating, too, to suppress flare and ghosting for greater contrast and colour accuracy in harsh lighting conditions.
Complementing the refined optics, this 24-105mm f/4 also sports a ring-type USM and internal focusing mechanism to enable quick, quiet, and accurate autofocus performance, as well as full-time manual focus override.
A four-stop-effective Image Stabilizer is also used to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. Additionally, this lens is weather-sealed and has a protective fluorine coating on the exposed elements for use in trying environmental conditions.
- Standard wide-angle to telephoto zoom lens is designed for use with full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with APS-C models where it will provide a 38.4-168mm equivalent focal length range.
- Constant f/4 maximum aperture maintains consistent illumination throughout the zoom range.
- Four glass-molded aspherical elements, including one large-diameter double-sided glass-molded lens, help to minimize distortions and spherical aberrations throughout the zoom range in order to maintain edge-to-edge sharpness and illumination.
- An Air Sphere Coating has been applied to individual elements to reduce backlit flaring and ghosting for greater contrast and colour fidelity in strong lighting conditions.
- An Optical Image Stabilizer helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to four shutter speed stops to better enable working in low-light conditions and with slower shutter speeds.
- A ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM), along with an internal focusing design, optimized focusing algorithms, and a high-speed CPU, is employed to deliver fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override.
- Rounded ten-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- As a member of the esteemed L-series, this lens has a weather-resistant design that protects against dust and moisture to enable its use in inclement conditions. Additionally, fluorine coatings have also been applied to the front and rear lens elements for further protection against fingerprints and smudging.
- Full-Frame lens with 24-105mm focal length
- Maximum aperture of f/4 across the zoom range
- Advanced 4-stop image stabilisation
- L-series lens quality and performance
- High quality optical elements
- 10 blade circular aperture
- Ring-type USM focus motor with full-time manual focus override
The Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM is a full-frame lens, therefore it will mount and function on all Canon EOS DSLR cameras and not crop/vignette on full-frame sensors.
Versatile 24-105mm zoom covering both wide and telephoto focal lengths
A focal length of 24mm to 105mm makes the lens very versatile as it covers a wide enough angle for landscapes, as well as a narrow telephoto focal length for close-ups.
Advanced 4-stop image stabilisation
The EF 24105mm f/4L IS II USM features an advanced 4-stop image stabilisation system that provides significantly enhanced shake reduction for up to 4 stops* of shutter speeds. This means more reliable handheld performance and clearer detail in low-light situations or at lower ISOs. Because of its enhanced stabilization, the EF 24105mm f/4L IS II USM can also minimize the need for a tripod.
L-series lens quality and performance
Being an L-series lens the EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM features a dust- and water-resistant construction as well as only the best select optical elements.
High quality optical elements
The Canon EF 24105mm f4/L IS II USM features an optical construction of 17 elements in 12 groups, including 4 glass-molded (GMo) aspherical lenses on 5 surfaces for excellent overall resolving power. This construction helps increase peripheral brightness for better edge-to-edge results with reduced distortions, delivering still photos and video of great clarity and resolution.
10 blade circular aperture
The EF 24105mm f/4L IS II USM features an 10-blade circular aperture to emphasise in focus elements by softening backgrounds throughout the focal range. By delivering an incredible level of control over background blur, it helps you define the mood of your image, creating impactful photos and videos.
Maximum aperture of f/4 across the zoom range
The EF 24105mm f4/L IS II USM features a speedy maximum aperture of f/4 across the entire zoom range, giving decent low light ability and depth of field control. Having the same maximum aperture across the range also helps when shooting in manual modes.
Ring-type USM focus motor with full-time manual focus override
The EF 24105mm f/4L IS II USM is engineered to provide fast, accurate operation for efficient performance across the board. It features a high-performance control CPU that drives Canons quick inner focusing with ring USM for quick starts and stops. Plus, its programmed with optimized AF algorithms that help achieve fast, accurate focus and maintain it consistently.
The lens also offers full-time manual focus control. With just a movement of the focus ring you can adjust focus, even when AF is engaged.