Canon RF 35mm f1.8 Macro IS STM. When Canon introduced the RF 35mm f1.8mm f1.8 IS STM Macro Lens it is a clear indication that Canon is now fully committed to the mirrorless line up. Compact, lightweight, and close-focusing, the RF 35mm f1.8 IS Macro STM from Canon is a unique wide-angle prime mixing the versatility of a general wide lens with the specialty of a 1:2 macro optic.
An advanced optical design is benefitted by a Super Spectra coating, which helps to control flare and ghosting for greater contrast and colour accuracy when working in bright or backlit conditions. Capable of focusing down to 6.7″ at half life-size, this lens is ideal for photographing everything from close-ups of plants to street scenes and landscapes. The bright f1.8 maximum aperture offers increased control over depth of field and also suits working in a variety of lighting conditions.
Complementing this is a five stop-effective image stabilization, which minimizes the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. Also, an STM motor affords impressively quiet and smooth autofocus performance and full-time manual focus override. Additionally, a configurable Control Ring lets you adjust exposure settings, including ISO, aperture, and exposure compensation, from the lens itself.
- Wide-angle prime is designed for use with full-frame Canon RF-mount mirrorless digital cameras.
- Bright f1.8 maximum aperture suits working in difficult lighting conditions and also offers increased control over depth of field.
- Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for greater contrast and colour neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- An Optical Image Stabilizer helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to five stops to better enable working in low-light conditions and with slower shutter speeds.
- Macro design benefits working with close-up subjects and provides a 1:2 maximum magnification along with a minimum focusing distance of 6.7″
- STM stepping motor offers fast, quiet, smooth, and accurate autofocus performance that is ideal for video recording as well as still shooting.
- Configurable Control Ring can be used to adjust a variety of exposure settings, including aperture, ISO, and exposure compensation.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
The Canon RF 35mm f1.8 Macro IS STM for Canon EOS R mirrorless system users is a versatile high-quality 35mm prime lens that’s portable, lightweight and easy to use making it ideal for street, travel and close-up photography.
A Super Spectra coating helps to control flare and ghosting for greater contrast and colour accuracy when working in bright or backlit conditions, and a wide f1.8 aperture provides greater control over depth of field for beautifully blurred backgrounds. An STM motor affords impressively quiet and smooth autofocus performance and full-time manual focus override, while the 5-axis electronic Image Stabilisation minimises shake for smooth and steady filmmaking.
A wide-angle lens that delivers a natural perspective
The Canon RF 35mm f1.8 Macro IS STM Lens for Canon EOS R users is a versatile high-quality 35mm lens that’s ideal for street, travel and close-up photography.
A great lens for…
- Travel photography: The Canon RF 35mm f1.8 IS Macro STM is a great wide-angle lens for portraiture and street photography, capturing detail and sharpness even at low shutter speeds. A fast f1.8 maximum aperture lets you shoot authentic ambience, even when light levels are low.
- Close-up work: The Canon RF 35mm f1.8 IS Macro STM delivers a macro magnification of up to 1:2 adding to the versatility of this extraordinary lens. This makes it easy to capture intricate details and textures in your subjects.
- Landscape photography: The image quality delivered by this prime lens makes it a great choice for anyone shooting landscapes or producing large-size fine-art prints for exhibition. Sharpness and fine detail is superb right across the frame.
A smart design that empowers creativity
The Canon RF 35mm f1.8 IS Macro STM is portable, lightweight and easy to use. Adjust settings with a customisable Lens Control Ring, and see information like focusing distance clearly in the viewfinder when shooting.
Ideal for filmmaking
Combination IS makes use of both the lens’s optical Image Stabiliser and your camera’s 5-axis electronic IS for footage that’s supremely steady – even if it’s shot while walking. Silent STM autofocusing is smooth and steady, for natural focus transitions.
A master in low light
A f1.8 wide aperture is complemented by powerful Dual Sensing IS technology, which lets photographers shoot without blur from camera shake thanks to 5-stops of image stabilisation.
A new chapter in image quality
The Canon RF 35mm f1.8 IS Macro STM employs an advanced optical design, including Super Spectra Coating. The RF Mount lens mount places the lens closer to the sensor for stunning clarity and sharpness.