The ZEISS Optics 10×42 Terra ED Binoculars feature a redesigned ergonomic chassis that makes holding them more comfortable, especially during long glassing sessions. Optically, they retain the exceptional elements that are the hallmarks of the Terra ED, including compact Schmidt-Pechan roof prisms, SCHOTT extra-low dispersion (ED) glass, and proprietary multi-coatings.
These complementary technologies and elements work together to produce an immersive observational experience that presents clear and bright views, with accurate colour representation and virtually zero distortion across the entire wide field of view. The 60° apparent angle of view also helps to minimize the visible hand shake common in higher-power binoculars.
The comfortable ergonomic chassis is made of a fiberglass-reinforced polycarbonate to help reduce weight, without sacrificing strength while adding impact and temperature resistance.
Being resistant to temperature changes not only ensures that the housing will remain a constant temperature, even in cold and wet conditions, but will not experience the expansion and contraction common in metal chassis that can cause the optical elements to move out of alignment over time and hinder the binoculars’ ability to achieve sharp focus. The chassis is covered in a rubber armouring that helps to protect them from drops and impacts and provides a slip-resistant grip.
COMPACT, LIGHT & ROBUST ZEISS BINOCULARS
Zeiss Terra ED 10X42 – Binocular. ZEISS TERRA ED. If you’re looking to buy binoculars online in South Africa, look no further. The Zeiss 10×42 binoculars for birding are sure to impress for quality optics and rugged design so you can take your binoculars on long journeys – the open countryside, at racetrack or concerts, on city tours, in the mountains or on the open seas.
Zeiss Terra ED 10X42 – Binocular. With its fiberglass-reinforced, waterproof casing, the Terra ED fulfills the high expectations of the outdoor enthusiast. The Terra ED line is designed to be compact, light, and sturdy. This means: the Terra ED is the ideal companion that weighs little, fits easily into every pocket, and is almost indestructible.
With its fiberglass-reinforced, waterproof casing, the Terra ED fulfills the high expectations of the outdoor enthusiast. The Terra ED line is designed to be compact, light, and sturdy. This means: the Terra ED is the ideal companion that weighs little, fits easily into every pocket, and is almost indestructible. Whether on long journeys, in the open countryside, at racetrack or concerts, on city tours, in the mountains or on the open seas.
- SCHOTT extra-low-dispersion glass
- Schmidt-pechan proof prism design
- Zeiss hydrophobic multi-coated optics
- Wide-angle viewing: 60°
- Nitrogen-filled fog-proof / waterproof
- 5.25′ close focus distance
- Closed bridge configuration
- Center focus wheel
- Twist-up rubber eyecups
BRILLIANT, RAZOR-SHARP IMAGES
Zeiss Terra ED 10X42 – Binocular. Thanks to maximum optical precision and a hydrophobic multi-coating, the Zeiss Terra ED meets all demands for versatile use. This state-of-the-art coating ensures that Zeiss Terra ED will impress you even under difficult conditions such as adverse weather and challenging outdoor situations. These binoculars guarantee outstanding images, minute details, and absolutely natural colours.
EASY-TO-USE, QUICK FOCUSING
Zeiss Terra ED 10X42 – Binocular. The large, smooth-running and easy-access focusing wheel of the Terra ED makes focussing especially easy and fast. Pick up a pair of Terra ED binoculars and their advantages are instantly apparent. The index finger automatically positions itself on the focus wheel. You no longer have to think about how best to hold the binoculars if an exciting scene appears right in front of you. Quick as a flash, you are focussed on the object of your interest. You can be sure never to miss out on those unforgettable moments. On the contrary, you have a razor-sharp, ringside view of them.
CLOSE-UP FIELD OBSERVATION
Zeiss Terra ED 10X42 – Binocular. Active outdoor lifestyles demand compact, durable and versatile binoculars. The Zeiss Terra ED delivers razor-sharp images of far-away objects. But it can also observe nature up close with great precision. With a generous, wide field of view and a close focus distance of just 1.6 m (Terra ED 32 and 42) or 1.9 m (Terra ED Pocket), the TERRA ED is ideal for nature observation, whether the object is far across the field or in the tree just above you.
LIGHT, ROBUST & MODERN DESIGN
Zeiss Terra ED 10X42 – Binocular. The Zeiss Terra ED family is lightweight and trail-tough so it packs easily and stands up to rugged terrain. Easy-grip surfaces let you grab and lift the binoculars quickly to your eye. Smooth focus and ergonomically correct eyecups make viewing comfortable and natural. At just 310 g, the Zeiss Terra ED Pocket is the lightest weight model in its class.
- 10x magnification
- 42mm objective lenses
- Roof prism optical path
- The compact Schmidt-Pechan prism design corrects the view while allowing for thinner optical tubes versus the more common Abbe-Koenig design
- SCHOTT ED glass elements reduce chromatic and spherical aberrations to produce views with true colour rendition without halos, diffraction, or distortion across the entire field of view
- ZEISS proprietary hydrophobic multi-coated optics shed dust, dirt, and oils while improving light transmission, colour rendition, sharpness, and contrast
- Short 5.25-foot close-focus distance
- Wide 60° apparent angle of view
- 330-foot field of view at 1000 yards
Use and Handling
- Closed-bridge configuration
- Large fast-focus center wheel
- ±3 right-eye dioptric correction
- 58 – 75.5mm interpupillary adjustment range
- Twist-up click-stop rubber eyecups for comfortable use with or without eyewear
- 14mm eye relief
- 4.2mm exit pupil
- Impact-, corrosion-, and temperature-resistant fiberglass-reinforced polycarbonate housing
- Housing is lightweight to minimize neck strain and lighten optic without sacrificing strength
- Protective rubber armour
- Nitrogen filled for water and fog proof performance
- Submersible to 100 mbar of pressure, or approximately 3′ (1m)
- Operating temperature 5 to 140°F (-15 to 60°C)
- Weight: 25.6 oz