Designed for birders and nature enthusiasts who need to move fast and light without being weighed down by large cumbersome optics, the ZEISS 10×32 Victory SF Binoculars provide an immersive observational experience in a compact and lightweight housing that combines exceptional optics, a powerful magnification, and a wide field of view.
The optical precision starts with SCHOTT Ultra-FL extra-low dispersion (ED) fluoride (FL) lenses that virtually eliminate distortion and chromatic aberration while increasing contrast and colour fidelity. Compact Schmidt-Pechan roof prisms are more compact than conventional prism designs and are coated with ZEISS’ P* phase-correcting coatings to limit light loss and increase colour fidelity and contrast. All of the optics are fully multicoated with ZEISS’ anti-reflection T* coatings. These greatly reduce light loss and maximize light transmission to create bright and clear images. The glass, prisms, and coatings all work together to create images that are clear and bright without distortion across the entire wide field of view, while colours are accurately represented with high contrast and crisp resolution.
This SF version of the Victory binoculars feature the Smart Focus system. Unlike conventional focusing wheels that require users to turn the knobs as many as 2.5 times to transition from the minimum to the maximum focus distance, the SF system only requires less than two turns. This means faster and easier adjustments without sacrificing focus precision if your subject moves or you change subjects. The binoculars are designed with ergonomic balance to reduce the feel of the weight in the hand, which reduces user fatigue for comfortable viewing during long observation sessions.
The housing is made from a lightweight, durable, and strong magnesium alloy. A double-hinged, open-bridge design provides a larger surface area for gripping while reducing the overall weight even more. The optical tubes are nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed for waterproof and fogproof performance, giving them a waterproof rating to 400 mbar of pressure.
- 10x magnification brings distant subjects in close for detailed observations
- 32mm objective lenses straddle the line between compact and full-size to offer the compact form factor of the former with the performance of the latter
- Schmidt-Pechan roof prism design enables the use of thinner optical tubes without affecting performance for easier and more comfortable handling in a more compact overall form factor
- SCHOTT Ultra-FL extra-low dispersion (ED) fluoride (FL) lenses virtually eliminate distortion and chromatic aberration while increasing contrast and colour fidelity
- ZEISS’ proprietary anti-reflection T* lens coating increases light transmission for brighter images
- LotuTec lens coatings protect the objective and ocular lenses from dirt and dust, resist scratches, and bead off water and oils
- Ultra-wide 69° apparent angle of view helps to minimize the appearance of the distracting hand shake that is common when holding high-power optics
- 392-foot field of view at 1000 yd
Use and Handling
- Open bridge/dual hinge design provides more grip room without sacrificing strength or stability
- Fast focusing mechanism allows the user to go from the minimum focus distance to infinity in under two rotations
- Large center focusing knob is easy to reach with either hand and use, even in cold and wet weather or while wearing gloves
- ±4 right eye diopter correction allows user to compensate for optical prescription to produce sharper views
- Wide 54-76mm adjustable interpupillary distance range
- Twist-up eyecups for easy and comfortable use with or without eyewear and sunglasses
- Exceptional 19mm eye relief reduces eyestrain and increases viewing comfort
- 3mm exit pupil
- Lightweight and durable magnesium alloy housing
- Nitrogen filled for water and fogproof performance
- Waterproof to 400mbar of pressure
- Slip-resistant rubber-armoured exterior
- Balanced weight distribution reduces fatigue for long observation sessions
- Wide operating temperature range: -22 to 145°F (-30 to 63°C)
- Weight: 21 ounces