The R5 C enhances a number of features in comparison to its siblings the R5 and C70, including 4K120 recording, HDMI RAW output, Canon Log 3 HLG/PQ support, unlimited recording time, a timecode port, Dual Pixel CMOS AF with eye detection, an active cooling system, a high-power LP-E6NH battery, 13 reassignable buttons, and a multi-function shoe for XLR adapters. The camera also retains the reliable features of those cameras such as Wi-Fi/Bluetooth, footage compatibility with DaVinci Resolve and Canon apps, an electronic RF mount, CFexpress/SD card slots, a similar button layout, and more. And all this is packed into a tiny 1.7 lb body that is just asking to become your go-to drone camera.
Common Features & Technology as the EOS R5
Canon’s 45MP full-frame CMOS imaging sensor is at the heart of the EOS R5 C camera’s superb image quality, which also leads the way for impressive 8K60 RAW cinematic video shooting.
- Focus and speed are paramount in the EOS R5 C camera, providing impressive still-image continuous capture at speeds of up to 20 fps
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF II capability, to track split second movements of even the most elusive subjects
- With 1053 Automatic AF zones, it is easy to photograph people with the use of Eye, Face, and Head Detection AF, or intuitively track the whole body, face, or eyes of cats, dogs, or birds with Animal Detection AF
- For those with the need for speed, Canon has also included still-image vehicle subject detection to assist with accurate tracking of cars and motorcycles
- Connectivity like 5 and 2.4GHz Wi-Fi and Bluetooth is also included for the transfer of still images
Video Control for the Dedicated Video Professional
Ergonomic EOS Design
CMOS Sensor and DIGIC X Processor
8K60 RAW Recording
The EOS R5 C camera supports RAW output via HDMI and ProRes RAW recording with compatible external recorders such as Atomos devices. By connecting the EOS R5 C camera with a supported external recorder, users can shoot in Apple ProRes RAW at up to 8K30. Proxy data can also be simultaneously recorded to an SD card in-camera, providing efficient post-production operations.
Different File Formats and Simultaneous Recording
Internal Cooling Fan Enables Nonstop 8K60 Recording
Expanded Interface for Professional Needs
Multi-Function Shoe for Audio Recording
13 Full-Featured Assignable Buttons
4K and 2K Oversampling
Up to 4K120 Slow and Fast Motion Recording Mode in 4:2:2 10-Bit
Simultaneous Audio Recording Enabled with HFR
Canon Log 3 Expands Expressive Possibilities
Enhanced Image Stabilization
Canon VR with RF5.2mm F2.8 L Dual Fisheye Lens Support and Workflow
Dual Pixel CMOS AF with iTR AF X
- Touch AF allows positioning an AF point by simply touching the LCD screen, in addition to quick manual positioning with the 8-way multi-controller on the rear of the camera.
- The camera features Eye AF/Head Detection AF, developed with the use of deep learning technology to improve subject tracking.
- It also provides human detection (eyes/face/head), allowing it to track subjects accurately even when AF control is not available.
- Users can track focusing as desired depending on their subject or shooting situation. A wide variety of AF modes enable autofocus shooting that flexibly responds to the subject’s movement.
- Users can leave focusing to the camera and concentrate on their camera work.
Still Imaging Features
High Still-Image Quality Featuring a 45MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor & DIGIC X Processor.
DIGIC X Image Processor with an ISO Range of 100-51200; Expandable to 102400
High-Speed Continuous Shooting
- High-speed continuous shooting of up to 12 fps with Mechanical Shutter and up to 20 fps Electronic (Silent) Shutter
- High-speed continuous shooting with full AF subject detection and tracking, at all still-image quality settings
- A high-precision Dual Pixel CMOS AF system allows the EOS R5 C camera to reliably capture approximately 100% of the still-image area, with most Canon lenses