MORE CONVENIENT TO CARRY, SHOOT WITH & STORE
The Canon EOS RP is more convenient to carry, shoot with and store than any previous EOS full-frame mirrorless camera before. It’s the lightest* and most compact full-frame EOS camera to date includes a 26.2 MP CMOS sensor, fast and accurate autofocus, 4K video, and our powerful DIGIC 8 processor for exceptional results, even in low light.
Explore vast creative possibilities with RF lenses as well as all selected EF/EF-S lenses. Get impressive results using the camera’s helpful Feature Assistant and Creative Assist functions. Be imaginative with a number of special scene modes. And quickly adjust settings with the convenient Mode Dial.
With its compact size, comfortable grip, vari-angle touchscreen LCD and electronic viewfinder, the operation is familiar and easy. *As of 13 February 201
Impressively small despite having a large full-frame sensor, the Canon EOS RP offers flexible imaging capabilities along with a portable form factor. Featuring a high-resolution 26.2MP full-frame CMOS sensor along with a DIGIC 8 image processor, both stills and UHD 4K video can be recorded using a broad sensitivity range, from ISO 100-40000, to suit working in a variety of lighting conditions.
Continuous shooting is also supported at up to 5 fps for photographing moving subjects. The sensor also facilitates an advanced Dual Pixel CMOS AF system, with 4779 selectable on-sensor phase-detection points for quickly and accurately acquiring focus during stills and video operation.
Complementing the sensor and processor, the RP also sports a 2.36m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder along with a rear 3.0″ 1.04m-dot vari-angle touchscreen LCD monitor for easier viewing from high and low angles.
Additionally, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth allow for wireless remote camera control along with direct image sharing to linked mobile devices.
Canon RF Lens Mount
26.2MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 8 Image Processor
Dual Pixel CMOS AF
UHD 4K Video Recording
Audio can be recorded using the on-board stereo microphone or an optional external mic can also be used via the 3.5mm mic jack.
Also, 5-axis Dual Sensing IS can be used when recording video to electronically reduce the appearance of camera shake for sharper, smoother recording.
- Integrated 2.36m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder affords a bright and clear means for eye-level viewing.
- Rear 3.0″ 1.04m-dot LCD features a vari-angle design for easier use when working from high, low, and front-facing angles. It is also a touchscreen for intuitive control over shooting, playback, and menu navigation controls.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity enable wireless sharing, control, and image transfer with a compatible smart device via the Canon Camera Connect app, which also supports geotagging your files using your mobile device’s location data.
- In-camera charging over USB is supported for easier on-the-go charging.
Sleek and versatile, the Canon RF 24-105mm f/4-7.1 IS STM is a well-rounded zoom covering wide-angle to short telephoto focal lengths to benefit working in a wide variety of conditions.
A variable maximum aperture also helps to maintain an impressively compact profile to suit everyday shooting needs. Complementing the flexible design is a unique Center Macro Focus position, which enables working with close-up subjects at a 1:2 maximum magnification ratio, and an Optical Image Stabilizer also helps to achieve sharp imagery by minimizing the appearance of camera shake. Also, an STM motor affords impressively quiet and smooth autofocus performance and full-time manual focus override.
Additionally, a configurable Control Ring lets you adjust exposure settings, including ISO, aperture, and exposure compensation, from the lens itself.
CANON RF LENS MOUNT
The Canon EOS RP features the RF lens mount, which supports Canon’s line of RF-mount lenses. This mount has a wide 54mm diameter and short 20mm flange-back distance, which promotes the ability to design lenses that are both faster and smaller than their SLR equivalents.
The mount also incorporates a 12-pin electronic contact system for more sophisticated autofocus and image stabilisation capabilities. This mount design also lends full compatibility to existing EF and EF-S-mount lenses via an optional EF-EOS R Mount Adapter.
HIGH IMAGE QUALITY
A large 26.2MP full-frame CMOS sensor is featured and serves as an ideal balance between high-resolution output, low-light performance, and high-speed capabilities. When paired with the DIGIC 8 image processor, the Canon EOS RP has a wide sensitivity range for working in a variety of lighting conditions.
- 26.2 MP Full-frame CMOS Sensor: The EOS RP camera features a Canon-developed and produced 35mm full-frame CMOS sensor with approx. 26.2 effective megapixel s. It employs the DIGIC 8 Image Processor to enhance the speed of operations across the board. This means fast, efficient performance and phenomenal image quality for big prints.
- ISO40000: The EOS RP camera has a standard ISO sensitivity range of 100-40000 for stills and 100-25600 for video (100-12800 for 4K video shooting). Combined with the EOS RP camera’s remarkable low-light AF performance, still and video shooting is possible even in dark situations.
- Digital Lens Optimiser: The EOS RP camera has an in-camera Digital Lens Optimiser that works with RF lenses (and EF/EF-S lenses with a Mount Adapter) to provide a substantial improvement in image quality. The Digital Lens Optimiser limits deterioration in image quality caused by low-pass filter s or wide-aperture lens designs. It’s usable both during shooting and when developing RAW data and does not affect continuous shooting speeds. Data from compatible EF and EF-S lenses is built into the camera, and data information from RF lenses is transferred near instantly through the EOS RP’s 12 pin communication system.
DUAL PIXEL CMOS AF FOR FAST & ACCURATE FOCUS
High-speed Focusing in Approx. 0.05 sec.*** The EOS RP camera’s highly responsive Dual Pixel CMOS AF system features 4,779 manually selectable AF points** and can deliver sharp focus within approximately 0.05 seconds***. This means fast action can be captured and focus can be maintained with speed, accuracy and ease.
- Test conditions: Brightness at time of distance measurement: EV12 (regular temperature, ISO 100)
- Shooting mode: M
- Lens in use: RF 24-105mm F4 L IS USM, with a focal distance of 24mm
- Live-view mode: On (with manual shutter button operation)
- AF mode: Live single-point AF (central)
- AF operation: One-shot AF
AF Area Coverage of Approx. 88% x 100%^
The EOS RP camera features an expansive focus area of approx. 88% horizontal and 100% vertical^ not only with RF lenses but also when working with select EF lenses.
With older EF lenses, or with Extender types I and II, the EOS RP focuses approx. 80% horizontally and 80% vertically. This means fast and impressive focusing even if your subject is way off centre.
^ When shooting still photos. Actual coverage varies depending on the lens in use.
AF Points and AF Area
The EOS RP camera features a sophisticated AF system with a maximum of 4,779 manually selectable AF points**, which covers almost the entire image sensing area. The EOS RP can also be configured to focus on specific areas, using an extended range of selectable modes that include 1-point AF, Expand AF Area, Zone AF and Spot AF in addition to the conventional Face+ Tracking AF.
** Available AF points may decrease when shooting with AF cropping or in movie mode, or depending on camera settings or lens attached.
Power your Canon EOS RP with the LP-E17 Lithium-Ion Battery Pack. It’s compatible with the optional LC-E17 charger, and also with the Canon Connect Station CS100 storage device.