The Canon RF 400mm f2.8L IS USM – Mirrorless Lens. This professional super-telephoto lens is perfect for those shooting sports, wildlife and action on EOS R Series cameras. It delivers sensational performance, portability and image quality, and is built to exacting L Series standards in order to withstand the rigours of professional use – wherever you are.
Optically identical to the super telephoto EF 400mm f2.8L IS III USM lens, the RF 400mm f2.8L IS USM Lens from Canon delivers high-performance results and is a go-to choice for capturing professional-quality shots of sports, wildlife, and more. Designed exclusively for EOS R-series cameras, the lens features three modes of optical image stabilization with up to 5.5 stops of shake correction to deliver extremely sharp results whether hand-held or mounted on a monopod.
A circular nine-blade aperture provides beautiful bokeh at smaller lens apertures, and Super Spectra and Air Sphere Coatings minimize ghosting and flare for exceptionally clear results when shooting in backlit situations. Additionally, Super UD and fluorite elements used in the optical design reduce colour fringing and chromatic aberrations for high clarity and colour accuracy.
Two focus pre-sets allow you to instantly return to one or two memorized focus distances, and a customizable electronic focus ring allows manual focusing during SERVO AF. The RF 400mm f2.8L IS USM Lens is also compatible with Canon RF 1.4x and 2x Extenders, and the lens incorporates a dust and water-resistant design with a fluorine coating on the front element for easy cleaning. Outstanding image quality Fast focusing keeps you sharp Low light? No problem Instinctive handling Built to inspire confidence
- 400mm f2.8 super-telephoto lens designed exclusively for EOS R-series cameras
- Optically identical to EF 400mm f2.8L IS III USM lens
- Fast f2.8 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions and also affords significant control over depth of field for working with selective focus techniques
- Minimum Focusing Distance of 8.2′
- Includes three image stabilization operation modes
- Optical Image Stabilizer with up to 5.5 stops of shake correction
- Super Spectra Coating and Air Sphere Coating minimizes ghosting and flare when working in strong lighting conditions
- Compatible with Canon RF 1.4x and 2x extenders
- Customizable electronic focus ring with manual focus capability during SERVO AF
- 9-blade circular aperture for beautiful bokeh at smaller lens apertures
- Two focus pre-sets to instantly return to one or two memorized focus distances
- Dust and water-resistant design with fluorine coating on front element for easy cleaning
- Rotatable tripod collar for working atop a tripod or monopod
Outstanding image quality
Even at its maximum f2.8 aperture, sharpness is exceptional right across the frame. This is due to the use of Fluorite and Super UD glass plus ASC and Super Spectra coatings.
Fast focusing keeps you sharp
When capturing fast action, the lens focuses quickly and confidently. A dual power focus drive offers faster AF with compatible cameras.
Low light? No problem
The RF 400mm F2.8L IS USM is great in low light, with a large f2.8 max aperture and an IS system offering 5.5 stops of protection from camera shake.
The lightest 400mm f2.8 lens available for mirrorless cameras is easy to take with you. Full-time MF lets you adjust focus and AF start/stop buttons are intuitive to find.
Built to inspire confidence
With its legendary L-series build quality and heat-reflecting white finish, this is a lens you can use confidently whatever the weather – from rainy football pitches to dusty safari trips.