The Canon RF 600mm f4L IS USM – Mirrorless Lens. A high-performance super telephoto lens with class-leading portability and performance, the RF 600mm f4L IS USM puts you right in the middle of the action. Ideal for sports and wildlife photography when you need the best image quality available. Next level image quality Nail critical focus when it matters most Great performance in less-than-great light Instinctive handling Built to inspire confidence.
Optimized for sports, wildlife, and nature shooting, the RF 600mm f4L IS USM Lens from Canon offers professional and advanced photographers the excellent image quality of a Canon L-series lens. Designed exclusively for EOS R-series cameras, this super telephoto lens is distinguished by its advanced, lightweight design, quick and intuitive handling, and high-speed performance. Optically identical to the EF 600mm f4 IS III USM lens, the lens features three modes of optical image stabilization with up to 5.5 stops of shake correction to deliver extremely sharp results whether hand-held or mounted on a monopod.
A circular nine-blade aperture provides beautiful bokeh at smaller lens apertures, and Super Spectra and Air Sphere Coatings minimize ghosting and flare for exceptionally clear results when shooting in backlit situations. Additionally, Super UD and fluorite elements used in the optical design reduce colour fringing and chromatic aberrations for high clarity and colour accuracy. The lens provides quick, quiet, and accurate autofocus performance, and two focus pre-sets allow you to instantly return to one or two memorized focus distances.
For conditions requiring manual focusing, a customizable electronic focus ring on the lens barrel lets you select from three different speed levels to adjust manual focus to your desired preference. The RF 600mm f4L IS USM Lens is also compatible with Canon RF 1.4x and 2x extenders, and the lens incorporates a dust and water-resistant design with a fluorine coating on the front element for easy cleaning.
- 600mm f4 super-telephoto lens designed exclusively for EOS R-series cameras
- Optically identical to EF 600mm f4L IS III USM lens
- Bright f4 maximum aperture for working in low-light conditions and controlling depth of field when working with selective focus techniques
- Minimum Focusing Distance of 13.8′
- Includes three image stabilization operation modes
- Optical Image Stabilizer with up to 5.5 stops of shake correction
- Super Spectra Coating and Air Sphere Coating minimizes ghosting and flare when working in strong lighting conditions
- Customizable electronic focus ring with manual focus capability during SERVO AF
- 9-blade circular aperture for beautiful bokeh at smaller lens apertures
- Two focus pre-sets to instantly return to one or two memorized focus distances
- Compatible with Canon RF 1.4x and 2x extenders
- Dust and water-resistant design with fluorine coating on front element for easy cleaning
- Rotatable tripod collar for working atop a tripod or monopod
Next level image quality
Image quality is stunning, even at the lens’s f4 max aperture. Fluorite and Super UD glass controls distortion and boost sharpness. ASC and Super Spectra coatings minimise flare.
Nail critical focus when it matters most
The lens focuses quickly and confidently, keeping moving subjects in sharp focus. A dual power focus drive offers faster AF with compatible cameras.
Great performance in less-than-great light
In bad light, the RF 600mm F4L IS USM still delivers, thanks to a large f4 aperture and an IS system providing 5.5 stops of stabilisation protection from camera shake.
Despite offering huge magnification, the RF 600mm F4L IS USM won’t weigh you down. Full-time MF lets you adjust focus instinctively. Customisable AF start buttons fall naturally under your fingers.
Built to inspire confidence
This L-Series lens – coated in heat-resistant white paint – is built to withstand the rigours of professional use. Whether you are on a rainy touchline or a dusty safari, you can shoot with confidence.