The Canon RF 85mm f/1.2L USM Lens – one of Canon’s latest short telephoto lenses to offer the highest resolution. Featuring a super-fast aperture and outstanding AF speeds, making this the ideal lens for photographing candid portraiture and wedding photography.
Complementing the imaging capabilities is an apt ring-type Ultrasonic Motor, which delivers fast, near-silent autofocus and full-time manual focus override. A unique Control Ring is also integrated into the lens design for intuitive control over exposure settings from the lens itself.
- The ideal short telephoto lens for capturing striking flattering portraits – producing detailed results throughout its focal length.
- The Canon RF 85mm f/1.2L USM Lens features an RF mount that’s specifically designed for the latest Canon Full-Frame Mirrorless Cameras.
- Utilising the RF mount provides advanced possibilities to enhance image quality and the communication between the full-frame mirrorless camera and the lens.
- The Canon RF 85mm f/1.2L USM Lens incorporates an impressive and extremely fast f/1.2 aperture which perfectly designed to perform in low-light conditions – offering incredible sharpness along with attractive looking bokeh with no loss of image quality.
- The Canon RF 85mm f/1.2L USM Lens features advanced lens elements and coatings, that consists of the Blue Spectrum Refractive (BR) optics which negate colour aberrations from taking place, while a ground aspheric lens is used to eliminate spherical aberrations which usually occurs once the aperture opened up completely.
- The lens features the L-Series Build, being a solid construction with weather-sealing and fluorine coatings on the rear and front elements of the lens to safeguard it from dust, water and scratches.
- The Canon RF 85mm f/1.2L USM Lens features an extremely fast speed between the lens and the camera – enabling the lens to lock onto a subject while the lens control provides additional control over the settings.
Pairing a cherished short-telephoto focal length with an exceptionally bright maximum aperture, the Canon RF 85mm f/1.2L USM is also characterized by its advanced optical design to produce well-corrected imagery. The fast f/1.2 design excels in difficult lighting conditions and also benefits working with shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
The optical layout incorporates a Blue Spectrum Refractive Optics element; a specially developed element that helps to nearly eliminate chromatic aberrations and color fringing for notable clarity and color accuracy. In addition to this, an ultra-low dispersion element and one aspherical element are also featured to further control various aberrations and distortion for great sharpness and resolution. Individual elements also feature an Air Sphere Coating to suppress flare and ghosting for high contrast and color fidelity when working in bright and backlit conditions.
A great lens for…
- Portraits: Use shallow focus and exceptional sharpness to bring new detail and dimension to portraits thanks to exceptional optical engineering, advanced lens coatings and RF mount technology.
- Street photography: Stay discreet and in control on the street thanks to rapid focusing from a high-performance USM motor that ensures the lens locks onto a subject, so you’ll never miss a moment.
- Low light photography: Keep on shooting long after the sun goes down thanks to a fast and wide f/1.2 maximum aperture that captures every detail with a superb edge to edge sharpness.
RF 85mm F1.2L USM Key features
- Extreme high performance 85mm prime lens
- Aspherical and UD elements ensure the highest resolution across of the image
- USM motor for smooth, near-silent operation
- ASC (Air Sphere Coating) prevents flare and ghosting from deteriorating image quality