Distinguished by its long reach and bright design, the FUJIFILM XF 200mm f/2 R LM OIS WR is a 305mm-equivalent lens further characterized by its sophisticated optical layout, fast performance, and apt image stabilization. Well-suited for sports, events, and wildlife photography, the impressive f/2 maximum aperture suits working in a variety of lighting conditions and also promotes working with shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
The optical design features three extra-low dispersion elements, including one Super ED element, which help to achieve greater clarity and color accuracy by controlling fringing and chromatic aberrations. A Super EBC coating is also used to suppress flare for improved contrast and color rendering. Complementing the optics is a linear motor-based autofocus system, which offers fast, near-silent performance for both stills and video use.
Additionally, a five stop-effective optical image stabilization system minimizes the appearance of camera shake for sharper results. Suiting the lens’s use in inclement conditions, it is also weather-sealed to resist and dust and moisture and a fluorine coating has been applied to the front element.
In addition to the lens itself, the dedicated XF 1.4x TC F2 WR Teleconverter is also included in this kit, and extends the focal length by 1.4x to result in an equivalent 427mm focal length. This teleconverter maintains all automated functions and image stabilization, and its optical design incorporates one aspherical element to control distortion and spherical aberrations.
- The telephoto prime lens is designed for APS-C-format FUJIFILM X-mount mirrorless cameras and provides a 305mm equivalent focal length.
- Notably fast f/2 maximum aperture affords greater control over depth of field for isolating subject matter and also suits working in low-light conditions.
- Three extra-low dispersion elements, including one Super ED element, are used to greatly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to produce high clarity and color fidelity.
- Super EBC coating has been applied to individual elements to reduce lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Linear motor autofocus system delivers smooth, near-silent performance that is especially beneficial to video applications and when working in noise-sensitive areas. An additional mechanism also fixes the focus motor group in place when the camera is turned off to reduce any unwanted vibrations during storage or travel.
- Focus range limiter switch allows you to constrain the focus range to between 16.4′ to infinity or for the whole 5.9′ to infinity range for more responsive focusing depending on the distance to your subject.
- Focus Preset Function instantly changes your focus position to a pre-selected position for faster focus switching.
- Focus Control button at the tip of the lens can be assigned to a desired focusing function of choice, including Focus Preset, AF-ON, or Focus Lock.
- Optical stabilization system minimizes the appearance of camera shake by up to five stops to enable sharper imaging when shooting handheld or working with slower shutter speeds.
- The lens body incorporates 17 distinct weather seals to protect against dust and moisture, and to enable worry-free use in inclement conditions and freezing temperatures as low as 14°F.
- A fluorine coating has been applied to the front lens element to guard against smudging, moisture, and dust.
- Fixed rotating tripod collar offers well-balanced support when working from a monopod or tripod. The tripod foot is also Arca-type compatible for direct mounting to tripod heads and also has 1/4″ and 3/8″ sockets for attaching to quick release plates.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
XF 1.4x TC F2 WR Teleconverter
- Included with the 200mm f/2 lens is the dedicated 1.4x teleconverter, which extends the effective focal length to 280mm, for an equivalent focal length of 427mm.
- Optical design has seven elements in four groups, including one aspherical element to reduce distortion and maintain high sharpness.
- Retains all AF, AE, and image stabilization functions of the 200mm f/2 lens, as well as the same minimum focusing distance of 5.9′.
- Requires one additional stop of light, making the effective maximum aperture f/2.8.
- Teleconverter adds an additional 0.6″ to the overall length of the lens system along with an additional 4.6 oz of weight.
Offering outstanding performance and beautiful bokeh
The Fujifilm XF 200mm f/2 R LM OIS WR Lens is made of 19 elements in 14 groups, including one large-diameter super ED lens element and two large-diameter ED lens elements to minimise chromatic aberration. High-precision polishing technology, developed for broadcast lenses, has been used to prepare the large-diameter lens elements to achieve outstanding image-resolving performance and creamy bokeh. This element is produced with an accuracy of less than 0.1μm High-speed AF is made possible thanks to the lightweight focus lens group and the use of linear motors.
- X-Mount Lens/APS-C Format
- 305mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/2 to f/22
- One Super ED Element & Two ED Elements
- 5-Stop Optical Image Stabilisation
- Weather-Sealed Construction
- Focus Preset Button
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
- XF 1.4x TC F2 WR Teleconverter
Powerful image stabilisation performance
The Fujifiulm XF 200mm f/2 OIS WR lens offers 5.0-stop image stabilisation performance in accordance with CIPA. The lens recognizes shooting conditions, e.g. panning or on tripod, and automatically applies optimum image stabilization control.
Easy AF operation
- Focus Preset Function* instantaneously changes the focus to a preset position to capture your main subject with ease without having to make focal readjustments.
- Focus Range Selector switch limits the shooting distance range for autofocusing. Activating this function narrows down the range of shooting distance and delivers high-speed AF when shooting a subject at the distance of 5 meters or greater.
- The Focus Control button* is positioned at the tip of the lens barrel. Use the Focus Select switch to assign a function of your choice, such as Focus Preset, AF-ON and Focus Lock.
Fast, silent, and highly accurate autofocus
The Fujifiulm XF 200mm f/2 uses linear motors to achieve fast, silent, and high-precision AF performance. There is also a new mechanism that fixes the focus motor group when the camera is not in use, which reduces any vibrations that may occur from the linear motors’ magnets being disengaged.
Advanced durability able to withstand various shooting conditions
The Fujifiulm XF 200mm f/2 is lightweight yet robust, thanks to its magnesium alloy construction. The barrel is sealed at 17 places to make the lens resistant to dust, moisture, and low temperatures down to -10 degrees Celsius. The front lens element is coated with fluorine to repel water and dirt, adding extra durability so that the lens can be used outdoors with peace of mind. The matte silver colour reduces the risk of the lens overheating under intense summer temperatures. The paintwork is designed to diffuse light which prevents the lens from generating strong light reflections.
Arca-Swiss compatible tripod mount
The tripod mount features an Arca-Swiss compatible dovetail groove and also supports both 1/4-inch and 3/8-inch tripod screws.
Packaged with the high-performance XF1.4X TC F2 WR teleconverter
This high-performance teleconverter extends the focal length by 1.4 times while controlling aberrations when used wide open at an aperture of F2.0. When combined with the XF200mmF2 R LM OIS WR, the teleconverter provides the focal length equivalent to 427mm in the 35mm film format.